The Fundraising Department generates all UK income for MSF field operations globally and is solely responsible for covering MSF’s operating costs in the UK. The Fundraising Department contains the Campaigns, Major Gifts and Supporter Care teams and delivered an income of £53 million in 2018.
CAMPAIGNS/INDIVIDUAL GIVING TEAM
The team is headed by the Campaigns Manager. This Team is responsible for the recruiting and developing our support from private individuals, raising 80% of MSF UK’s total income in 2018. The Supporter Development Manager is responsible for developing and managing all campaigns to current MSF donors.
The Campaigns Team actively raises funds from the public, recruiting and maintaining this support through direct marketing campaigns created in partnership with professional agencies and face-to-face campaigns conducted on private sites. The Campaigns Team works very closely with the Communications and Digital teams.
Our goal is to build loyalty by bringing supporters closer to the people that MSF assists, and the medical action that private donations make possible. MSF UK prides itself on the accessibility of the Fundraising team to our supporters and the provision of excellent supporter care; this is central to the philosophy of the team.
We require a professional, helpful, committed and adaptable intern to provide daily support to our campaigns team. The primary focus of the role is to support the campaigns team with various administrative duties across donor recruitment, development and legacy fundraising.
This includes supporting with the planning and implementation of various donor recruitment campaigns such as DRTV, inserts and press advertisements; collating content for donor marketing material; reporting and monitoring campaign income; filing and recording legacy information, as well as actively supporting the face-to-face fundraising team across various events.
The successful candidate will gain exposure to and experience of all aspects of fundraising and marketing at MSF and will be treated as a full member of our team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support to the campaigns team and working across teams to support MSF’s fundraising activity.
- Monitor the performance of marketing campaigns and produce weekly reports, sharing analysis to the wider team on a regular basis to improve results, seeking advice and support when needed.
- Assist with legacy administration, including filing, recording and scanning correspondence and accurately adding this to MSF’s database.
- Working closely with the public engagement team to handle donor responses to event invitations. This includes collating donations and liaising with the supporter care team to ensure excellent donor care.
- Assist the team collating creative materials and content for campaigns to existing MSF supporters.
- Supporting the face to face team in the recruitment and training of staff, helping secure field staff presence at various events, providing logistical support for festivals, provide occasional support with welcome calling for new regular donors and monitoring the team by carrying out site visits.
- Providing support to our payroll giving programme by collating weekly updates of MSF’s work and helping with the reporting and monitoring of payroll activity.
- Provide support to the team helping maintain supplier relationships, monitoring fundraising activities by listening to telemarketing calls and providing feedback on quality and content.
- Support the Campaigns team by monitoring trends and changes to the fundraising and marketing sector. Monitor competitor activity and sector developments to inform your projects and bring the external learning back to the team.
- Support MSF's compliance of Data Protection legislation and fundraising regulation.
- Attend relevant team training sessions where required.
This role description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The intern may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation. This role description does not form part of the internship agreement.
Knowledge, skills and expertise
- Demonstrable interest in fundraising and/or marketing and considering a future career in this area
- Strong communication skills – written and oral (fluent in English)
- Good attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to manage multiple administrative tasks
- Ability to carry out reporting and analysis
- Adaptability and the capacity to adapt to the conflicting needs of several busy teams and juggle multiple tasks
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft excel and word
- Experience working on a database and experience in data input
- Genuine interest in, and commitment to, the humanitarian principles of MSF
- Professional and efficient manner
- Highly organised and punctual
This role is an exciting opportunity to explore the day to day operation of an international NGO and to become acquainted with the means and methods of fundraising. There will also be ample opportunity to learn more about Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) and you are encouraged to attend and contribute to weekly office meetings and operational updates.
Candidates must hold an appropriate passport or permit to work in the UK
MSF UK is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applications from all sections of our diverse community.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply on our website by submitting a copy of your CV together with a letter of motivation and answers to the Application Questions (please upload as one document) by the closing date: 1 October 2019, 11.59pm.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.