FINANCE AND SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The Finance and Services Department’s main purpose is to facilitate the smooth running of the MSF UK London office and being the main point of contact for any office-based issues This department is a key support function to all the other departments within MSF UK.
The Services team is formally made up of the Office Manager, Receptionist and the Volunteer Coordinator, headed up by the Head of Finance & Services. However, it is a function that liaises directly with a number of cross-departmental groups within MSF UK, as well as with our office volunteers. Our role, to ensure the smooth running of the office, covers not only the day to day management of reception and office facilities, but also extends to creating a positive working environment and office culture as a whole. This is particularly with our strategic focus on “office as community”, and how we can use our influence to promote diversity and inclusion, and wellbeing. We see the Office Manager Assistant role as critical to our success in this area.
The role of the Office Manger Assistant is to support the Office Manager with day-to-day activities that happen in the office and respond to those as well as being heavily involved in project work. This project will have a big impact on the MSF UK office and are coming up in the next two years. There would also be a need to provide ad hoc support and cover for reception as and when it is needed.
This is not your average Office Manager Assistant role. We are looking for someone who has a creative spark and can get excited about new projects and delivering on them. We are looking for an ambassador for part of our Strategic Plan as ‘Office as Community’. We want to keep staff engaged on all the changes that are coming and help to create a positive work environment by building a community feel in the office.
This role will fit someone who is bright, analytical, and has good attention to detail. Someone who is proactive and able to assist with any job no matter how big or small and willing to explore different options.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous office, reception and front of house experience
- Proven verbal communication skills with a good, clear telephone manner
- Good written skills including the ability to write clearly and accurately
- Excellent IT skills with experience of MS Teams and SharePoint
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi-task
- Confidence to delegate tasks and manage expectations of those requesting assistance
- Friendly and helpful manner
- ‘Can do’ attitude and flexibility to prioritise a varied workload
- Ability to work effectively across teams and build good working relationships
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of MSF
MSF UK/IE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applications from all sections of our diverse community.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information and to apply, please visit our website and submit a copy of your CV together with a letter of motivation (please upload as one document) by the closing date:
23 January 2022, 11.59pm (GMT)