HR SERVICES TEAM
The HR Services team is the ‘engine room’ of the HR department and provides administrative support to include a highly variable and diverse list of activities including payroll, compensation and benefits alongside the management of HR data for both the Field HR and Office HR teams and wider HR related matters.
The main part of this role will be to provide administrative support for staff benefits and preparation of two monthly payrolls Field and Office (approx. total 300 staff) using two separate HRIS, working closely with the Human Resources Officer (Services) and outsourced payroll bureau prior to final approval, ensuring information is accurate and all relevant changes have been made on the corresponding HR database prior to submission.
In addition, the role holder will provide support to the Human Resources Officers for recruitment and services on payroll related administration.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all statutory deductions are deducted in accordance with HMRC legislation
- Work with field and office processes to prepare starter, leaver and changes providing clear instruction for internal payroll processes and audit trails ensuring all information is accurate for input submission ready for the payroll bureau to action
- Assist with the checking process of payroll reports on receipt from the payroll bureau, ensuring that all information has been processed correctly, before passing information to the HR Officer (Services) in preparation for final approval
- Collate key HR information, providing regular and ad-hoc statistics and reports to relevant persons, accurately and within the agreed timeframes. Where required, provide support in the checking process of payroll reports, before final approval
- Ensure documentation is accurate and compliant with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the annual Finance audit requirements
- Contribute to updating the monthly headcount spreadsheet for statistical reports required for the Annual Trustee, Board and Operational Centre Amsterdam (OCA) reports
- Facilitate the update of personnel information in the Field staff database (Hero), working closely with the HR Administrators (Field)
- Assist with the checking process for reports generated from Field HR database, ensuring the necessary changes are accurate and up to date
- Ensure the HRIS is updated and maintained with all staff changes including inputting all starters, leavers and contractual changes in a timely manner
- Maintain annual leave records on HRIS and troubleshoot, where appropriate
- Prepare letters relevant to payroll including but not limited to; salary change, leavers letters, confirmation of benefits deductions and change to line manager
Knowledge, skills and expertise
- Previous experience of preparing complex payrolls with a high volume of monthly changes, more than 300 staff
- Up to date knowledge of statutory payments and leave i.e maternity, shared parental leave
- Working knowledge of pension schemes with a variety of contributions styles
- Experience of working with a payroll bureau service
- Intermediate / advanced Excel skills (including VLOOKUPs)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, unpredictable and demanding environment with constantly shifting priorities
- Up to date knowledge of GDPR
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational and prioritising skills and the ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adapt communication style based on the task and/or situation
- Experience with a range of IT applications, including MS Office and database management
- Flexible in terms of time as job requires occasional overtime
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commitment to aims and values to Médecins Sans Frontières
Candidates must hold an appropriate passport or permit to work in the UK.
MSF UK is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applications from all sections of our diverse community.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply on our website by submitting a copy of your CV together with a letter of motivation (please upload as one document) by the closing date: 8 September 2019.