THE ‘JUST IN TIME DISTRIBUTION TEAM’
Launching in December 2021 as part of MSF’s Transformational Investment Capacity fund, the Just in Time project team is testing the feasibility and developing the business case to supply critical medical supplies to our projects in new innovative ways, outside our legacy distribution methods.
We are aiming to reduce expiry driven wastage and stock ruptures in our medical projects, by increasing supply chain agility, reducing the dependence on long term multi-year forecasting by our medical teams. Instead, we will develop an operation that allows us to replenish medical stocks in the field much more frequently and easily, the Amazon prime of humanitarian pharmaceuticals.
Our goal in 2022 is to fully test and prove distribution of our pharmaceutical products via global express and courier networks – overcoming customs and regulatory challenges, designing any stock-holding dispatch processes and ordering platforms, assessing options such as collections from suppliers, geographic location, focus products, systems and carriers. Subject to the project’s success, in 2023, we will build and launch a proof of concept operation – ready and able to supply MSF’s healthcare projects across Africa, Asia, South America and Europe on demand. The potential impact on our healthcare operations is considerable; reducing or eliminating pharmaceutical shortages, allowing MSF to respond faster and more effectively to patients in need and their communities.
The project administrator will manage day to day activity of finance, HR, admin and other ad-hoc areas to ensure the project runs smoothly and effectively.
Working as the administrative lead for a small team following an agile methodology structure; responsiveness and adaptability to tasks and workload is required as the project progresses.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable experience in a project based administrative role.
- Excellent organisation, time management and people organisation skills.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask efficiently.
- Experience and understanding of commercial finance processes (POs, invoice matching, budget tracking).
- The ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in standard word processing, spreadsheets and MS outlook.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- Understanding of equality, diversity, and inclusion considerations.
- Ability to attend MSF-UK’s London offices for meetings (approx. 1x per week).
MSF UK is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applications from all sections of our diverse community.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply on our website by submitting a copy of your CV together with a letter of motivation by the closing date:
9th February 2022, 11.59pm (GMT)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.