PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT AND ASSOCIATION TEAM
The team’s purpose is to execute MSF UK’s public engagement and Association activities, events and communications, in order to ensure the organisation’s identity, values, experiences and opinions are successfully communicated to the British public in general, and to MSF Association members, university and school students, and general supporters in particular, in line with MSF’s strategic ambitions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We require a passionate, organised and committed intern to provide support to our team.
This role supports our outreach to key sections of the UK public, as well as our association membership base, in order to communicate MSF’s identity, opinions, values and experiences, an opportunity to gain experience in events and public engagement work. You’ll provide support to a varied annual programme of events and outreach activities both in person and online.
You will work with our supporters who come from a diverse range of backgrounds, and as such you’ll require a personable and diplomatic nature. You’ll need to be as comfortable working with keen young students as with seasoned humanitarians or older supporters.
The role demands multi-tasking, so you’ll be impeccably organised and self-motivated. As the point of contact for supporters, you will have a strong understanding of MSF’s principles and humanitarian action in order to use your judgment to make necessary decisions.
You’ll be exposed to the day-to-day running of an international NGO and there will be ample opportunity to learn about MSF and humanitarianism.
- Demonstrable interest in events/public engagement
- Demonstrable interest in humanitarian work
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- High degree of accuracy combined with good attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational skills with experience of managing multiple tasks and prioritising effectively
- Good networking skills and a proven ability to communicate with a diverse range of people
- Confident in using Microsoft Office
- Availability to work occasional weekends and evenings, including travel (COVID restrictions allowing, with time off in lieu given).
MSF UK is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applications from all sections of our diverse community.
Please visit the MSF UK website for the full job description and to apply by the closing date: 28 September 2021, 11.59pm (BST)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.