The Fundraising team raises income for MSF field operations globally and to cover MSF’s administration costs in the UK. In 2018, we raised over £52 million, which includes £19 million from regular donations.
MSF UK’s fundraising strategy is focused on increasing the value of each supporter’s contribution by developing relationships with individual, corporate and trust supporters. These are vital to the future development of MSF’s medical, operational and financial contribution to our medical work.
Our goal is to build income and loyalty by bringing supporters closer to the people that MSF assists and the medical action that private donations make possible. MSF UK prides itself on the accessibility of the team to our supporters and the provision of excellent supporter care. This is central to the philosophy of the team and builds the foundation of long-lasting relationships with our supporters.
This role sits within the Fundraising Operations Team; a fast-paced team with a varied and busy workload. The post holder will be expected to manage their own tasks and prioritise where necessary and will share responsibility for these with another Supporter Care Coordinator role within the team.
The Supporter Care Coordinator is responsible for managing interactions with supporters through a number of different channels ensuring excellent supporter care is provided. Working with MSF’s network of 3rd party service providers, the role also ensures that a high level of care is extended through to companies working on behalf of MSF.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and respond to emails received into the MSF UK ‘Fundraising’ in-box. This includes enquiries and requests from potential and current MSF supporters across a wide range of subjects.
- Act as the main point of contact for general enquiries, and processing donation requests, from potential or current supporters by telephone.
- Respond to postal enquiries and donations from supporters. This includes the administration of non-standard ‘whitemail’ correspondence from 3rd party service providers.
- Administer donations received through various channels, for example, Direct Debits, Standing Orders, Credit/Debit cards, cheques, bank transfers and PayPal. Process the donation and provide an acknowledgement to the supporter, where required.
- Manage the response to MSF’s ‘referral files’. This includes general enquiries and complex donation requests passed to MSF from our third party suppliers.
- Respond to enquiries and process donations from Individual supporters up to the value of £10,000.
- Respond to enquiries and process donations from Corporate & Trust supporters up to the value of £5,000.
- Participate in regular call listening to inbound telemarketing agencies. Provide support, training and script guidance for MSF’s Out of Hours service to ensure consistent levels of supporter care are being provided.
- Where non-standard process issues or errors occur, initiate investigation internally and/or with 3rd party service suppliers and coordinate communication between MSF, the supporter and the 3rd party service provider. Once resolved, update any change to process documentation required.
- Ensure all responses to supporters are actioned according to the priorities agreed within the Supporter Care SLA’s.
- Deputise for the Supporter Care Manager during annual leave and any periods of absence.
- Manage and plan workload for the Supporter Care volunteer. Brief in task duties and changes to process.
- Work as a full member of the Fundraising team and assist with fundraising projects as and when required.
- Supporter care professional working in the NGO sector with a proven track record in delivering excellent service to donors
- Professional telephone manner with a friendly, empathetic and calm manner and the ability to connect and engage with supporters
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to convey MSF’s work to the wider public
- A responsible attitude to dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- A proven track record in managing a busy workload whilst maintaining a systematic approach, accuracy and attention to detail
- A proven ability to follow things through and meet targets in line with established schedules and deadlines
- Confident interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with internal and external contacts
- Working knowledge of a fundraising CRM system
- Flexibility to take on other related tasks combined with a willingness to learn
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commitment to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières
- Ability to travel occasionally in the UK
Full job description and person specification available on the MSF UK website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply on our website by submitting a copy of your CV together with a letter of motivation and answers to the Application Task (please upload as one document) by the closing date: 23/02/2020, 11.59pm.