The Fundraising team raises private income for MSF field operations globally and to cover MSF’s administration costs in the UK. Donations spontaneously generated by awareness of MSF’s work are also managed by the Fundraising team. In 2018 we raised over £52 million, which includes £19 million from regular donations.
Our goal is to build support by bringing supporters closer to the people that MSF assists, and the medical work that private donations make possible. MSF UK prides itself on the accessibility of the Fundraising team to our supporters and the provision of excellent supporter care; this is central to the philosophy of the team. The Fundraising team actively raises funds from the public, recruiting and maintaining this support through direct marketing campaigns, created in partnership with professional agencies.
This role sits within the Fundraising Operations team; a fast paced team with a varied and large work load. The post holder will be expected to manage their own task list and prioritise where necessary.
To manage the administration and financial reconciliation of donations for the Fundraising team. This includes supporting regular Gift Aid and Finance audits.
The role will also provide ad-hoc support to the Supporter Care team by answering calls from supporters; ensuring these are handled in a professional and courteous manner.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the daily reconciliation of donations received into the MSF bank and PayPal accounts, as well as, donations received via third party donation and Payroll Giving processing organisations such as CAF, Benevity, Stewardship etc.
- Coordinate the weekly banking of donations processed within the MSF UK office. This involves creating a report for Finance and depositing the cheques at the local bank.
- Managing failed cheques. This involves reversing income on the database, informing the Finance team and responding to the donor.
- Support the operational processes in place for financial reconciliation, maintaining and developing new and existing processes, alongside the Finance team
- Produce, and keep up to date, process documentation for all the tasks within the role
- Assisting with ad hoc donation and supporter record administration as required.
- Handling telephone calls from supporters (such as enquiries, processing card donations, change of address, amendments to regular donations etc.)
- Managing a volunteer to support this role.
- A systematic and organised approach with a proven ability to follow things through and meet regular deadlines
- An excellent level of numeracy, combined with accuracy and an attention to detail is a must
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level including the ability to produce and manipulate pivot tables
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with internal and external contacts
- Ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload amid conflicting demands
- Proven ability to work independently within a team environment
- Excellent phone manner and an ability to connect with supporters
- Flexibility to take on other related tasks combined with a willingness to learn
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commitment to the aims and values of Médecins Sans Frontières
Full job description available on the MSF UK website.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply on our website by submitting a copy of your CV together with a letter of motivation (please upload as one document) by the closing date: 23/02/2020, 11.59pm.