Senior Partnership Manager - Corporate Partnerships
3 x Contracts Available - 2 x Permanent Contract and 1 x Fixed Term contract (6 months)
Full time, 34.5 hours, we are open to a conversation about how you work these hours
London Office based or Home-based
Salary Range - National: £36,000 - £41,000 London: £39,500 - £44,500
We have a fantastic opportunity for three Senior Partnership Managers to join the Corporate Partnerships team at Macmillan Cancer Support. These positions offer exciting opportunities to lead on some of our strategic partnerships. You will build, develop and manage our award-winning partnerships at Macmillan Cancer Support and to join one of the leading teams in the sector.
Looking to put your partnership building skills to good use and support people living with cancer? This could be the role for you.
About the Role
In this role, your accountabilities and responsibilities are…
- Ensure partnerships in portfolio are delivered to plan and meet targets
- Lead on strategy and proposition development to support your portfolio, securing the maximum value for Macmillan through income generation, service development and influencing in line with Macmillan’s agreed organisational strategy and objectives
- Manage the team to deliver on targets, meet agreed partnership KPIs and personal development objectives
- Support on partnership growth opportunities across your team and partnerships
- Inspire, motivate and build capability and capacity within the team through effective training, coaching and mentoring as well as sharing best practice
- Identify, manage, influence and steward key decision makers in your portfolio of partners to enable long-term commitments across the portfolio
- Resolve conflict to facilitate the future development of our corporate partnerships
- Oversee partnership renewal liaising with the New Business team and other Macmillan departments where appropriate
- Work with teams across Macmillan to plan best allocation of resources across your portfolio to maintain efficient and considered servicing of partnerships
- Support on development of New Business propositions, proposals and pitches and allocate resourcing for new partnerships
- Maintain expert knowledge of market and competitor activity and liaise with Research and Insight to maximise benefits
- Contribute to the development of the Corporate Partnerships and Relationship Fundraising strategies seeking opportunities to develop new products where necessary
- Be familiar with and adhere to all relevant Macmillan policies and procedures at all times
Any other duties as reasonably required in line with skills, knowledge, and experience to contribute to Macmillan’s wider success.
- Experience of managing client relationships in corporate fundraising (preferably) or commercial sector
- Evidence of successful account management experience, dealing with high value accounts and delivering to targets and objectives
- Full understanding of Gift Aid regulations and tax efficient charitable giving
- Good knowledge of relevant charity law
- Proven track record in effective leadership and development of direct reports, including evidence of the ability to coach and develop staff
- Influencing and negotiating skills
- Experience of budget planning and forecasting
- Evidence of working with board level stakeholders at large organisations
- Experience in delivering impactful presentations and public speaking – confidence addressing small groups, large meetings or individual VIPs
Our values are at the heart of who we are and everything we do, inspiring our thinking and guiding our actions. We strive to build a more diverse organisation, where everyone feels empowered to be their best self to work.
We welcome applications from everyone who meets the criteria and strongly encourage individuals to apply who have a disability, impairment or health condition or individuals who identify as Black, Asian or from another ethnic minority background, as these groups are currently under-represented at Macmillan. Our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, along with our internal employee representation body, ‘Our Voice’ and 8 Employee Network groups help us promote fairness and belonging, becoming an engaged and inclusive organisation for all our people.
So we can support you to be your best during the application or interview process, please contact Macmillan People Services Team for advice and recruitment adjustments. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example, she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs).
The application deadline is 11 August 2022, with virtual interviews taking place between 25th August - 1st September 2022.
We are interested in hearing from candidates with experience in a range of sectors and if anyone would like an informal chat, please do get in touch.
In order to ensure fairness and consistency to select the best candidate for this role, all of our applications are anonymised up until an interview has been confirmed so that shortlisting is based solely upon the suitability of the candidate’s experience.