Team Leader - Supporter Donations
Fixed Term (Covering Secondment until June 2022)
Full-time (34.5 hours with flexible working)
£27,861- £33,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Team Leader, who is passionate about brilliant customer service, has interest in developing people, experience in managing busy workloads, is well organised and result driven? Are you looking to gain customer care experience within a large National charity? We have the ideal role for you...
To lead, develop and motivate Queries team in Supporter Donations/Supporter Care department, who are working to deliver amazing supporter journeys through bespoke thank you letters, accurate donation and Gift Aid processing, query and online income management. We are looking for someone who will support and lead the team, in accordance with Macmillan’s customer principles, values, behaviours, policies and standards, in ensuring all fundraising teams achieve their goals, maximise opportunities and grow income.
We would love to hear from YOU, if you are someone who:
- is inspired by the prospect of making a difference to the lives of people affected by cancer
- is interested in people management and their development
- is target driven and someone who always meets their deadlines
- enjoys working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- is excellent and engaging in their communication
- strives to offer unrivalled experience to their customers
As a member of our high performing Supporter Donations team, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of people affected by cancer and play a vital role in helping us achieve our fundraising goals. 98% of our income comes from voluntary sources.
- You will bring previous experience in delivering excellent customer service in a high volume and varied environment
- Knowledge and understanding of key legislation e.g. employment and confidentiality, GDPR, Gift Aid and tax efficient charitable giving
- Experience of operational management in a customer care environment including line management and supervisory experience
- Experience of performance management including all aspects of effective people management, including coaching and mentoring
- Experience of continuously improving systems processes to drive efficiency and improve ways of working
- Experience of managing change and the ability to prioritise and make timely decisions and to promote change effectively
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence and foster open communication and trust when working with stakeholders
Macmillan Cancer Support is one of the largest and most loved charities in the UK. We support millions of people living with cancer in the UK live life as fully as they can by providing emotional, practical and financial support.
We offer flexible working for all employees and commit to actively developing you in your career. You will also be eligible for several benefits which include private medical insurance, life assurance, pension, generous leave, and interest free loans for season tickets and gym membership.
In order to ensure fairness and consistency to select the best candidate for this role, all of our applications are anonymised up until an interview has been confirmed so that shortlisting is based solely upon the suitability of the candidate’s experience.
To ensure Macmillan is representative of those we support and who support us, we particularly welcome applications from Disabled, BAME and LGBTQ+ candidates, as these people are under-represented in our organisation at this level.