Job title: Fundraising Officer
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
Report to: Fundraising Manager
Type: Full Time
Magic Breakfast is looking for an energetic and diligent Fundraising Officer to join our passionate organisation working to ensure that no child in the UK starts the day too hungry to learn.
This role is perfect for someone starting out in their fundraising career, with some experience of fundraising and data admin. The successful candidate will have lots of opportunities to work across multiple fundraising streams and will provide essential admin support.
The Fundraising Officer will also be responsible for contributing to our individual, community and event fundraising targets – from helping to run events, stewarding challenge event participants and supporting on key campaigns.
This is a key role that is responsible for administering ffective day to day fundraising administrative duties to maximise internal efficiency along with assisting in ensuring excellent donor care and stewardship across community, events and individual fundraising.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Act as the welcoming first point of contact for all incoming telephone and email enquiries, efficiently managing these within the team to ensure timely follow up.
· Support the Head of Fundraising and other members of the team with ad-hoc fundraising requests such as ordering materials, booking rooms, or preparing meeting packs.
· Coordinate and chair team meetings, working with the HoF to circulate an agenda and ensure timely minutes and actions.
· Manage all fundraising materials, keeping track of stock and re-ordering where needed.
· Help to maintain a positive working environment; be visible and participative, keeping the vision of Magic Breakfast at the heart of everything we do.
· Work with the Fundraising Manager to build a bank of creative and engaging fundraising support materials – both digital and print.
· As the fundraising Salesforce champion, act as the go-to for Salesforce enquiries, supporting the fundraising team to ensure all members are actively recording information, the database is maintained and kept up to date, and that fundraising information is used to best possible effect.
· Help to prepare key data for fundraising reports
· Ensure that data is gathered and managed in accordance with the relevant fundraising and data rules and regulations
Events & Campaign Fundraising
· Work with the Fundraising Manager to plan and coordinate key events and campaigns, including the Big Give and our exam based restaurant campaign.
· Help to compile and manage guest lists, working with the team to track this information on Salesforce.
· Participate in occasional work-related events at external venues and perform support related activities as required.
· Steward challenge eventers and help coordinate the charity’s challenge event portfolio.
· Work with the communications team and the Fundraising Manager to prepare & distribute relevant promotional materials.
· Ensure all event and campaign information and income is tracked on Salesforce.
Individual & community fundraising
· Work with the Fundraising Manager to ensure effective stewardship of one-off and regular donors, as well as community groups.
· Creatively support with community fundraising ideas and initiatives.
· Providing administrative support to a team and/ or individual - ESSENTIAL
· Working with databases, uploading information and pulling reports - ESSENTIAL
· Communicating via email/ telephone in a professional capacity to engage and support - ESSENTIAL
· Writing and producing communication materials for marketing/ fundraising purposes - ESSENTIAL
· Supporting/ motivating individuals to fundraise - DESIRABLE
· Helping to deliver/ coordinate fundraising events - DESIRABLE
· Manging multiple deadlines and priorities - ESSENTIAL
· Working within a charity, ideally within a fundraising team - DESIRABLE
Skills & Knowledge:
· Proficient use of Sales Force or other database - ESSENTIAL
· Proactive and flexible ‘can-do’ attitude - ESSENTIAL
· Organised and diligent with excellent attention to detail - ESSENTIAL
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team - ESSENTIAL
· High level of competency in the use of all Microsoft Office packages - ESSENTIAL
· Ability to plan, deliver results and manage time effectively - ESSENTIAL
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills - ESSENTIAL
· Good understanding of fundraising/CRM, data, rules, and regulations - DESIRABLE
· Strong IT & digital skills with good literacy and numeracy - ESSENTIAL
· Committed to advancing the welfare of children irrespective of their background - ESSENTIAL
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.