Fundraising and Communications Manager
Magic Me is the UK’s leading provider of intergenerational arts activities, working with care home residents and other people most impacted by covid. We are looking for an experienced, confident, fundraising and communications professional to establish this brand-new role, for an initial 12-month contract, to start as soon as possible.
The arts have a vital role to play in post-pandemic community building, and this is a crucial and exciting time in Magic Me’s development. Join us and lead the creation and delivery of a new fundraising strategy to continue this vital work, including a major bid to Arts Council England for NPO funding in early 2022.
- Write, lead and deliver a clear fundraising strategy for Magic Me, in partnership with the Director and Programme Director?
- Conduct prospect research to identify potential new funders, whilst nurturing relationships with existing supporters?
- Develop and write compelling, successful bids with a focus on trusts, foundations and livery companies?
- Lead the writing of bids, including an NPO bid to Arts Council England.
- Review and update Magic Me’s communications, our messages and channels, e.g. social media, newsletters.
- Oversee Magic Me’s website, writing copy and working with colleagues to create new content.
Salary: £28,000 pa, 28 hours per week for a 12-month Fixed Term Contract (pro rata £35,000 Full-time role) Interested in applying for this role as a freelancer? Please contact us.
We welcome and encourage applications from disabled people, Black and Asian candidates, and those from other minoritised ethnic communities. Our board and staff are actively working on a new anti-racism strategy. We believe by improving the diversity within our organisation and our leadership, we will improve the quality of our work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please read the full Application Pack and complete the Personal Details Cover Sheet and Monitoring information Form.
You are required to send the following: anonymised cover letter, anonymised CV and the accompanying forms (more details of this is found in the application pack) to our email address. Please ensure you follow the directions on the forms carefully, so your application can be processed fairly and anonymously.
NB To ensure the shortlisting process is anonymous and fair, please do not include your name on your CV or covering letter. Instead, please include this information in the Personal Details cover sheet. The selection panel will not see your Personal Details or Applicant Monitoring Information when shortlisting applications.
Deadline for applications: Send your application to us by 9 am on Thursday, 4th November. We will not be able to consider applications received after this deadline.
- MONDAY 11 OCTOBER – Adverts out and recruitment starts.
- THURSDAY 4 NOVEMBER – Deadline for applications.
- FRIDAY 5 NOVEMBER – Shortlisting and candidates notified.
- WEDNESDAY 10 NOVEMBER – Interviews. Decision.
- START DATE – As soon as possible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.