Role: Community & Events Officer
Based: Huntingdon with travel across Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and surrounds
Hours: 20 hours per week, part-time permanent.
Some weekend and out-of-office working required
Salary: £24,214 pro rata
Would you like to use your community fundraising experience to help build long term sustainable income for a rapidly growing air ambulance charity?
Magpas Air Ambulance has been operating an emergency medical service since 1971, saving lives across Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Norfolk and surrounding counties. Now 24/7 with a brand new air ambulance, Magpas is looking for a Community & Events Officer to work with schools, businesses and community groups raising the funds we need to continue to save lives.
You will receive lots of support from a friendly, ambitious and collaborative team whilst having the scope to really make an impact - so if you have the experience we’re after please get in touch.
- Act as Magpas Air Ambulance first point of contact for community and event requests and plan effective and timely response.
- Proactively approach schools, groups in the community and businesses to support Magpas Air Ambulance through fundraising and volunteering.
- Build and maintain relationships with community and event fundraisers, ensuring they are supported before, during and after their events and provided with information to maximise income.
- Promote the charity and community fundraising through attendance at fundraising events, networking and activities outside of normal working hours including weekends and Bank Holidays as required.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate initiatives and events from initiation through the successful completion.
- Closely monitor income and expenditure of community and events fundraising, tracking progress against target and reporting any actual or forecast variances against budget to the Community & Events Fundraising Manager.
- Manage all necessary appropriate administrative tasks associated with events organisation. Ensure that all community and event fundraising activities are compliant with all relevant legislation and regulation.
- Develop a portfolio of assets to aid fundraising in the community
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong background in community fundraising with demonstrable success raising income through community, corporate and events fundraising activity
- Previous experience of supporting and stewarding community relationships particularly schools and businesses
- Experience of working alongside communications and marketing teams to successfully promote and market events
- Experience of managing, motivating and developing community and events volunteers
Closing date: 9:30am, 5th March 2020
Interview date: 11th & 12th March 2020
To apply, please send a covering letter/statement including details of how you meet the key requirements of the role together with your CV.
We request no contact from agencies or media sales. All offers of employment are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.