Role: Community Training & Engagement Officer
Based: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Hours: 37.5 per week, full time permanent
Salary: £27,260 - £30,112
Could you use your teaching or training experience to help save lives? Magpas Air Ambulance is a 24/7 emergency medical charity treating patients in emergency situations across Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and surrounding counties.
We are currently seeking a Community Training and Engagement Officer to manage and develop our growing community CPR training programme ‘Hearts Matter’.
Bystander CPR is a vital link in the chain of survival for the 30,000 people experiencing an out of hospital cardiac arrest every year. Hearts Matter community CPR aims to teach over 2,500 people every year how to perform basic CPR and use a defibrillator so that they are equipped and confident to take action in an emergency situation. The successful candidate will have:
• RCUK Immediate Life Support qualification (or higher) – Desirable
• RCUK GIC/ILS current Instructor status - Desirable
• Experience of training/teaching a range of ages and backgrounds
• Experience of developing, planning and measuring training activity
• Experience of project management and development
• Experience of scheduling and administering training sessions
• Experience of building and stewarding relationships
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook
• Ability to work with the wider community and events team to integrate community training with other activity and collaborate on future opportunities
• Ability to travel across the East of England to carry out sessions, particularly Cambridgeshire & Bedfordshire.
If you feel that you meet the criteria above then please get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you and, if successful, joining our supportive and passionate team Magpas Air Ambulance team.
Closing date: 5th March at 9.30am 2020
Interview date: 11th & 12th March 2020
To apply, please send a covering letter/statement including details of how you meet the key requirements of the role together with your CV.
We request no contact from agencies or media sales. All offers of employment are subject to a disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.