Senior Philanthropy Officer
Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 per annum
Contract: Full time Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Centenary House, St Mary’s Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3PE & Homeworking
Reporting to: Director of Fundraising
Magpas Air Ambulance is an emergency medical charity saving lives across Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire and the East of England. Operating 24/7, by air and land, Magpas Air Ambulance are called to the sickest patients in our community and are specially trained to carry out treatments and procedures usually only available in hospital. This saves vital time, protecting lives and reducing disability.
Our award winning fundraising team are looking for an experienced Senior Philanthropy Officer to lead and develop our portfolio of trusts, corporates and major donors. You will use your fantastic fundraising, stewardship and proposal writing skills to build relationships and inspire donations managing your own pipeline of prospects and funders as well as supporting our £3million Capital Campaign to fund our new airbase.
You will be joining a friendly, supportive and passionate team and an organisation focused on growth and development. If you think you can lead the development of philanthropy at Magpas Air Ambulance, then please get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
- Identify, develop and manage a portfolio of funders including trusts, foundations, corporates and major donors to meet financial targets
- Maximise income through the development of co-ordinated stewardship and excellent relationship management
- Produce compelling proposals, reports and presentations through in depth research and attention to detail
- Proactively research and source funding for and in relation to specific projects and programmes of work
- Effectively manage pipeline ensuring new funders are identified and approached, report monthly on progress against target
- Support the Chief Executive, Director of Fundraising and the Capital Campaign Committee to raise £3million from the Future 50 appeal to build a new airbase for Magpas Air Ambulance
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Significant fundraising experience with at least 3 years in a senior fundraising role raising income through trusts, corporates or major donors
- Proven ability to secure four and five figure gifts (experience of six figure gifts desirable)
- Effective relationship management skills and a proven ability to cultivate long term relationships with funders
- Experience of developing a strong case for support and compelling propositions and presentations
- Experience of working on and contributing to a capital appeal
- IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and a familiarity with grant-making IT applications
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial and operational statistics and other complex data sets
- Excellent writing and proof reading skills required
- Can communicate confidently and appropriately with people at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to present with confidence in front of various audiences
- Ability to take on challenging situations whilst maintaining a systematic approach to solving problems
All offers of employment are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Closing date: 5pm on 19thJuly 2021.
Interview date: 20/0721 or 22/07/21
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
We are currently operating on blended working from home and the office, following COVID -19 safe working practices. Please make sure that any application clearly demonstrates that you live, or will be living within a commutable distance of the main place of work.
If this opportunity interests you, please click the Apply button to be directed to our recruitment page, where you can download the job description and complete your application for this position.
Magpas Air Ambulance is committed to providing equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all current and prospective staff, volunteers and Trustees. We aim to create an environment where everyone can be the best they can be, where they feel welcome and are free from bias and discrimination. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you do not hear from us in 2 weeks from the closing date, unfortunately this means you have not been shortlisted to the next stage of the selection process.
No agencies please