Makan is an educational organisation committed to strengthening voices for human rights. We work to make the Palestinian human experience more accessible to a broad audience by leveraging the language of rights, equality, and dignity.
Hours: 24 hours / 3 days per week (with the possibility of extending to full-time)
Location: Acklam Road, London
Compensation: Subject to experience
The role of the Communications & Relationships Manager is to effectively present Makan in public fora, including the digital space, and to build and implement a fundraising strategy that ensures Makan’s sustainability as a non-profit organisation.
The Communications & Partnerships Manager will be an experienced, self-motivated, focused and driven individual who is skilled at developing and nurturing relationships with key individuals, who excels in presenting key messages to different audiences, and who wants to be part of an initiative that seeks to challenge the current narrative on Palestine/Israel.
- Ensure external and internal communications uphold Makan’s organisational values and principles
- Manage all outward facing communications
- Build and implement fundraising strategy with Makan Director
- Present Makan to different audiences within the UK and other regions
- At least 5 years’ experience working in communications (marketing, social media outreach, website management, writing) and fundraising
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines, while working both independently and in a collaborative team environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV together with an attached cover letter outlining why you are the right person for this position and email it to us. Please note that applications sent without a cover letter will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.