Department: Fundraising and Marketing
Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands (25 minutes from Amsterdam and Utrecht)
Status: Full time - one-year term with extension
Salary: €60,000 – €65,000 dependent on experience
About Make-A-Wish® International
Make-A-Wish® creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We seek to bring every eligible child's wish to life because a wish is an integral part of a child's treatment journey. Research shows children who have wishes granted can build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight their illness. Make-A-Wish is the world’s leading children’s wish-granting organization, serving children in more than 50 countries worldwide. Together, generous donors, supporters, staff and more than 45,000 volunteers grant a wish every 17 minutes, on average, somewhere in the world. Since 1980, Make-A-Wish has granted nearly 480,000 wishes to children; more than 30,000 in 2018 alone.
As Head of Digital Fundraising and Marketing you will be responsible for all Digital Fundraising activities working closely with the wider Make-A-Wish International team, the Digital leads at Make-A-Wish America, and within our wider global Affiliate network. You will also be responsible to lead the work related to our broader brand, audience and messaging work in collaboration with champion affiliates within the network and the Brand Advancement team at Make-A-Wish America.
If you decide to take on the challenge, your focus will include:
- Take the lead responsibility on the strategic development of insights on the Make- A-Wish brand outside of the US, to support audience, channel and message selection on a local level.
- Supervise the adaptation or creation of creative assets to support brand representation at local level.
- Take the lead responsibility on the strategic operation and execution of the digital acquisition strategy for Make-A-Wish International.
- Define, objectives and KPI measures and plans on how to achieve them monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- Provide accurate and insightful digital income analysis including Salesforce, reports and dashboard creation, web analytics and/or other platforms that we might use in the future.
- Take a key role in the budgeting and reforecasting process for the digital fundraising programme. Make investment cases for new activity and growth to support decision making across the programme and fundraising. Proactively manage budgets, monitor and report on digital fundraising campaigns to ensure digital fundraising delivers on target.
- Day-to-day management and optimization of digital platforms and channels that drive income and lead generation, with special focus on brand and peer-to-peer website, social channels, email.
- Development and execution of new campaigns and propositions that maximize our income potential.
- Develop, implement and manage:
- a day to day and yearly content calendar to maximize brand awareness and engagement across our social media channels.
- yearly email calendar to maximize monetization of our database and increase loyalty and LTV of our supporters.
- Analysis audiences and donor insights and share with Head of Fundraising to feed into strategy work and Donor Journey products.
- Lead on the Digital Fundraising Affiliate Working Group with Make-A-Wish Foundation America and affiliates to streamline messaging and join up on global campaigns. For example,) 40th anniversary 2020 and World Wish Day.
- Manage relationships with digital marketing suppliers.
- Support in the management and development of platforms and products oriented to acquire and monetize corporate business relationships.
- While you yourself report into the Vice President of Fundraising, your Line Management duties will include:
- 1x Donor Care Manager
- 1x Streaming and Brand
- Digital Fundraising Affiliate Working Group
- Own Digital Fundraising section of the Global Fundraising Strategy
On 1 July 2019, the operational office of Make-A-Wish International moved to the Mediapark in Hilversum approximately 25 minutes from central Amsterdam and Utrecht.
As an umbrella organizational unit, we're responsible for supporting all Make-A-Wish organizations outside the U.S.
From our office in the Netherlands, you work with up to 15 colleagues, as well as international colleagues based in other countries. Our working language is English, and meetings often take place digitally.
If you want to work at Make-A-Wish International, it's essential that you are socially committed. It's not hard to motivate yourself in this job, once you think about the thousands of children our organization helps. You're also a self-starter with good communication skills and a high level of accuracy in execution.
Your background includes:
- Substantial digital fundraising or digital marketing experience, including planning, evaluating and delivering successful campaigns that drive response.
- Line management experience.
- Proven track record of generating income.
- Proven ability to think and act strategically, planning and evaluating activities.
- Ability to translate concepts into effective action plans.
- Experience of delivering multi-media campaigns.
- Proficiency in Salesforce as CRM, other data management tools a plus.
- Proficiency in web management and analytics, including CMSs like Drupal or WordPress, analytics like GA, hotjar, Optimisely.
- Proficient level (spoken and written) English.
What We Offer
At Make-A-Wish, you work from the heart to make a fantastic initiative possible: giving children facing a critical condition a unique experience that will transform their lives forever. A 38-hour working week is preferable. As soon as you join us as our new Digital Fundraising Manager, you can expect (on a full-time basis):
- a competitive salary of between €60,000 - €65,000 depending on your knowledge and experience;
- Startup mentality with flexible working;
- For candidates relocating advantageous government tax breaks
- a pension plan with Zwitserleven;
- at least 25 days of paid leave annually;
- a contribution towards your health insurance policy.
- Flight for candidate to Netherlands;
- Small contribution to the relocation of personal values;
- Support in accessing the tax exemption with the Dutch government.