Make-A-Wish is looking for an Individual Giving Officer who will work in a small team to deliver campaigns and appeals that drive support from individuals across the Individual Giving portfolio, including cash, regular giving, legacies, in memory and gaming.
Over 60,000 children in the UK* have been diagnosed with a critical condition, changing their lives and the lives of their families forever. For them, the joy of childhood is brought to an abrupt end, with treatment plans, hospital visits and sleepless nights taking over.
The power of a wish revives a childhood stolen by critical illness. It brings light and joy to children and their loved ones and leaves a profound and lasting impact on all their lives.
But we can’t be that light for everyone.
Granting wishes takes an army of volunteers, fundraisers, donors and communities to help these children feel like children again.
So, we’re looking for people like you to work alongside us. Together, we have the power to light up the darkness.
The responsibilities of the Individual Giving Officer will include but not be limited to:
- Delivering the Individual Giving activity plan taking into account existing learnings and recommendations, in line with a wider Income and Engagement Strategy.
- Working with the Individual Giving Managers to develop journeys to retain donors and maximise support.
- Regularly monitor the performance of campaigns and activities and report against agreed KPIs weekly.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Be led by the needs of the Wish Child in all you do and make decisions as close to the child as possible. Wherever possible by the child.
- Have practical understanding of Make-A-Wish values: Be Magical, Be Inclusive and Be Inspiring
- Be able to work with your colleagues and other members of Make-A-Wish community as One Team united in common vision and mission and support organisational efforts of reaching every child
- Embed the principles of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion within their role
- Be able to work independently in an agile environment
- Have experience of working in the non-profit sector and specifically of developing and delivering fundraising campaigns and activations in individual giving.
- Direct marketing skills.
We're looking for an individual with a strong commitment to the Make-A-Wish mission and vision, and to our values, who is a highly effective communicator and will be focussed on delivering an exceptional service to our volunteers, colleagues and stakeholders.
If this sounds like a role that you would like to take, please take a look at the full job description found on our website and apply using the application form provided.
We're a flexible organisation that promotes agile working and had the technology in place for employees to work from home before the pandemic. We also work out of accessible, bright, airy offices directly opposite Reading train and bus stations.
Make-A-Wish UK is a rewarding place to work, every day you will be helping to make a difference granting life-changing wishes to seriously ill children.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS check will be requested where required. Employment is subject to positive references and proof of the right to work in the UK.
Make-A-Wish is also committed to attracting and recruiting diverse people as it’s vital that we strive towards ensuring that our trustees, employees, ambassadors and volunteers reflect the communities we seek to serve.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.