We’re hiring a creative, innovative and experienced Campaigns Manager on an initial fixed term, one-year contract. This is a critical role in our campaign to ensure the trillions of pounds in UK pensions are invested to build a better world.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high profile start up committed to changing the world. The ideal candidate must be ambitious, personable, and creative, with a proven track record in campaigns, policy and advocacy. The candidate should be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment, be capable of managing multiple priorities in high pressure conditions, have experience working with senior, high profile stakeholders, and come with a background in climate, sustainable finance or development campaigning.
There’s £3 trillion invested by UK pensions – we believe that money should be moved away from the destructive, harmful investments of the past, and into those which help build a future we can all be proud of.
Spearheaded by film maker, UN Advocate and co-founder of Comic Relief, Richard Curtis, Make My Money Matter works to transform the financial system, so it puts people and planet on a par with profit.
Our campaign includes three core workstreams:
- Public Campaign: we’re delivering high profile, public campaigning to show the power of our money as a vehicle for good. Using creative techniques, we tell the story of how our money can create a better future for people and planet
- High Profile Partnerships: we’re transforming how NGOs, businesses, universities, local authorities, and public figures think about sustainability to ensure their money aligns with their values, and builds a better world
- Policy and Advocacy: we’re working with partners including advocacy groups, government agencies, and the finance industry to create a unifying call for policy reforms that transform the system from within. We’ll advocate for these goals at key national and global moments, including COP26 and the G7
Our campaign has had significant success since launch in July 2020, and we have ambitious plans to grow our impact in 2021 and beyond.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for an exceptional candidate with a proven track record in public campaigning - ideally within the climate, finance or international development sectors – to mobilise people across the UK in support of our campaign. You will have experience using a variety of on and offline tools, have a track record of delivering key campaign moments or objectives, and be well versed in analysis and planning. You will be able to demonstrate a personal role in influencing political or business decisions and have demonstrable experience building and managing relationships with senior stakeholders and cross sector partners.
This is a diverse role requiring someone comfortable working with a range of stakeholders, juggling a variety of priorities, and operating in a fast-paced setting. You will be an enthusiastic team player with a track record of problem solving, creativity and delivery.
- Devise and deliver new campaign tactics to drive public action – both on and offline
- Lead on compelling narratives and messages to engage internal and external stakeholders, drive awareness, and encourage action
- Inform our strategy for key advocacy and campaigns moments
- Support in the identification of, and preparation for, political advocacy opportunities
- Support on the development of flagship Make My Money Matter research and insights to build awareness and visibility of the campaign
- Establish and oversee relationships with relevant creative agencies
- Establish and oversee relationships with key campaign partners and coalitions
- Grow and cultivate Make My Money Matter’s network of high-profile supporters
- Contribute to our policy agenda and support on engagement with the finance industry
- Monitor and evaluate activity and contribute to organisational evaluations, including commissioning, interpreting and sharing campaigns insight work.
- Support as required with strategy development, operations and fundraising as required within start up environment
We’re looking for someone with:
· At least four years’ experience, preferably within a high-profile campaigning organisation, consultancy and/or policy and advocacy environment
- A proven track record of delivery on campaign or advocacy goals
- Experience working on finance, climate, international development or public policy
- Confidence managing projects, organising public events and devising stunts
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to mobilise diverse audiences
· Demonstrable experience working with senior stakeholders and high-profile figures
- The capacity to quickly build trust and establish relationships
- Sound judgment, good attention to detail and a solution-orientated mindset
- Creativity, humour, energy, and proactivity; a sense of urgency for change
- Experience in entrepreneurial settings, working independently and to tight deadlines
- Understanding of UK/global affairs, and a commitment to the goals of our campaign
- Authorisation to work in the UK
In return, we offer
- Competitive salary and pension, generous holiday entitlement and flexible working
- A fantastic opportunity to make a difference with a high-profile, high impact campaign
- A supportive, inclusive environment, and a committed, vibrant team
How to apply
Please submit your CV and one page cover letter to David with “Campaign Manager Application” in the subject line. Please include current employment status and likely notice period. Please note that due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to respond to candidates who we wish to interview. Click apply now...
Diversity and inclusion
We strive to create a fair and healthy environment where all colleagues feel challenged, valued and supported. We aim to cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where our people are highly engaged, and individual contributions are celebrated. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all background
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.