Digital Campaign Manager
Reporting to Campaign Director
Full time, fixed term, 12-month contract
Salary: approximately ~£30,000-£35,000 depending on experience
Rolling applications, with a view to recruit ASAP. London based
We’re hiring an expert digital campaigner to develop and deliver powerful on and offline campaign activities for Make My Money Matter. The job requires developing and implementing effective tactics and strategies that build our communication channels, engage and mobilise our members, and activate people into meaningful advocacy actions in support of our mission. We are hugely ambitious about increasing our digital reach, impact and engagement, and want a creative campaigner to help drive this expansion. We want someone who is passionate about Make My Money Matter’s mission and is excited to join a new campaign working to transform the financial system.
Spearheaded by film maker, SDG advocate and co-founder of Comic Relief, Richard Curtis, Make My Money Matter is a brand new, people-powered campaign fighting for a world where we all know where our money goes, and where we can demand it’s invested to build a better future.
Starting with pensions, we’re going to help people understand the impacts of their money, and we’re going to enable them to demand it does better. We’re going to connect this call with decision makers in the private and the public sector. And together, we’ll ensure that the financial system transforms to put people and planet on a par with profit.
Doing this, we’ll help move trillions of pounds – away from the destructive, harmful investments of the past, and into those which help build a future we can all be proud of.
Our campaign includes three core workstreams:
- Public Campaign: We’re going to tell the story of how we can create a better future for people and planet, and of how our money can do good while it grows – without compromising on returns. We’re going to show people what their money does now, and give them a call to action to demand it does better in the future
- High Profile Partnerships: We’re convening NGOs, businesses, universities, local authorities, and public figures, and helping them work with their pension fund to make positive, progressive changes that ensures their money aligns with their values
- Policy and Advocacy: We’re working with a core set of partners, including advocacy groups, government agencies, and the finance industry, to create a unifying call for high priority, high impact policy reforms that can transform the system from within. We’ll advocate for this manifesto at key national and global moments, including COP26 and 2021 G7.
About the role:
We are recruiting an exceptional Digital Campaign Manager on an initial fixed term, one-year contract. This role will report into the Campaigns Director, with responsibility for driving our offline community mobilisation and member engagement. This individual will develop strategies to attract, recruit and engage our supporter base, and amplify our advocacy efforts through on and offline mobilization.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join a high profile, brand new start up committed to changing the world as one our first full time team members.
Who we’re looking for:
This will be a diverse role requiring someone who is as adept in crafting and delivering effective online campaigns which mobilise the public to action as they are in developing strategies to influence political leaders and cross sector partners. We need someone who understands the links between policy, advocacy, campaigns and media, and knows which supporting tactics to deploy and when.
We’re seeking a personable self-starter with experience in creative communications, digital marketing and campaigns. S/he will be a flexible and enthusiastic team player with a track record of problem solving, creativity and delivering in a fast-moving and/or start up environment. They will be able to demonstrate excellent understanding of digital techniques to mobilize and motivate supporters, and ideally will have experience working on climate, finance or development issues.
As Digital Campaigns Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Devising, developing and delivering impactful, creative online and off-line campaigns which promote Make My Money Matter’s policy and advocacy messages to a diverse audience
- Helping to create engaging content and materials (member emails, action pages, blogs, social content) that encourage people to get involved and take action, grow our membership, and improve engagement rates
- Leading on the development and management of MMMM’s supporter engagement strategy, ensuring a growth in the quality and quantity of our supporters
- Engaging MMMM members and activists to lobby key decision makers (in business, government and the finance industry) and to support our core policy and advocacy targets
- Developing and implementing strategies for MMMM’s online content on social media platforms (principally Facebook and Twitter)
- Managing the campaign website, digital tools and social media channels
- Supporting the design and delivery of stunts, events and other public facing activities
- Engaging with relevant coalitions and networks, ensuring both the effectiveness of coalition work and that MMMM’s positions are well represented
- Monitoring delivery of the digital campaign, learn from best practice and evidence and adapt our approach where necessary to achieve objectives
- Managing partnerships with selected digital agencies as required
Ideally you’ll have experience and understanding of:
- Working within the field of digital communications, marketing or campaigning
- Managing digital campaigns and of working with digital advocacy platforms
- Developing innovative public mobilisation campaigns
- Writing and editing skills and experience of campaign and digital testing
- Email marketing and social media best practices
- Managing projects and organising public events and stunts
- Working with prominent individuals, i.e. influential media/political figures
- Building partnerships and establishing and maintaining strong networks
- Organizational and prioritisation skills with strong attention to detail
- Working on initiatives related to sustainable finance, climate, development or public policy
- The links between policy, partnerships, campaigning and media
- Using evidence and insight to promote change
You’ll also be:
- Committed to Make My Money Matter’s aims
- Good at working in a team, willing to get stuck in, positive and proactive.
- Able to work well in entrepreneurial settings, often independently, and with tight deadlines
- Authorised to work in the UK
In return, we offer
- Competitive salary and pension contributions, generous holiday entitlement
- Flexible working
- A fantastic opportunity to make an impact in the world
- Working with a highly-visible, mission-driven organisation
- A supportive, inclusive environment, and an amazing, vibrant team
How to apply
Please submit your CV and one page cover letter with “Digital Campaigns Manager Application” in the subject line. Please include current employment status and likely notice period. Please note that due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to respond to candidates who we wish to interview.
Diversity and inclusion
We strive to create a fair and healthy environment where all colleagues feel challenged, valued and supported. We aim to cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where our people are highly engaged, and individual contributions are celebrated. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds