Reporting to CEO
Full time, fixed term, 12-month contract
Salary: approximately ~£30,000-£35,000 depending on experience
Rolling applications, with a view to recruit ASAP. London based
We’re hiring an experienced partnerships manager to develop and oversee key relationships for Make My Money Matter. The candidate will identify and recruit high profile partners from across business, NGOs, local authorities, universities, and global networks to join our mission to ensure the trillions of pounds in UK pensions is invested to build a better world.
This will require an ability to understand our campaign, quickly build relationships with priority partners, and establish a movement of organisations committed to aligning their investments with their values. We are hugely ambitious, and want to sign up thousands of organisations to be part of this campaign. We want someone who is passionate about our mission and is excited to join a new initiative working to transform the financial system.
Spearheaded by film maker, SDG advocate and co-founder of Comic Relief, Richard Curtis, Make My Money Matter is a brand new, people-powered campaign fighting for a world where we all know where our money goes, and where we can demand it’s invested to build a better future.
Starting with pensions, we’re going to help people understand the impacts of their money, and we’re going to enable them to demand it does better. We’re going to connect this call with decision makers in the private and the public sector. And together, we’ll ensure that the financial system transforms to put people and planet on a par with profit.
Doing this, we’ll help move trillions of pounds – away from the destructive, harmful investments of the past, and into those which help build a future we can all be proud of.
Our campaign includes three core workstreams:
- Public Campaign: We’re going to tell the story of how we can create a better future for people and planet, and of how our money can do good while it grows – without compromising on returns. We’re going to show people what their money does now, and give them a call to action to demand it does better in the future.
- High Profile Partnerships: We’re convening businesses, NGOs, universities, local authorities, and public figures, and helping them work with their pension fund to make positive, progressive changes that ensures their money aligns with their values.
- Policy and Advocacy: We’re working with a core set of partners, including advocacy groups, government agencies, and the finance industry, to create a unifying call for high priority, high impact policy reforms that can transform the system from within. We’ll advocate for this manifesto at key national and global moments, including the 2021 UK G7 and COP26.
About the role:
We are recruiting a Partnerships Manager on an initial fixed term, one-year contract. This role will report to the CEO, with responsibility for driving engagement with our partners – key networks, corporates, local authorities, NGOs, universities, and high profile individuals – in order to better align their staff pension fund with their mission and values. We are at the early stages of this process, and want an individual who can develop and implement strategies that help us identify and recruit new partners, and ultimately reach global scale.
This is an opportunity to join a high profile, brand new start up committed to changing the world as one our first full time team members.
Who we’re looking for:
This will be a diverse role requiring someone who is as skilled at engaging with businesses and NGOs, as they are at developing strategies to achieve impact at scale through collaboration with these organisations. We are seeking someone who can talk the language of business, sustainability, and impact, can engage with a range of stakeholders, and is confident pitching complex ideas to C-Suite leaders of high profile organisations
The ideal candidate will be a personable self-starter with experience of developing effective partnerships across a range of organisations, and experienced in promoting positive change. They will need to be able to think strategically and identify new opportunities for collaboration and impact. They will be a flexible and enthusiastic team player with a track record of problem solving, creativity and delivering in a fast-moving and/or start up environment. They will be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of how to build powerful coalitions for action across varied organisations, and ideally will have experience working on finance, climate, social justice or development issues.
As Partnerships Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Developing and managing MMMM’s strategy for engaging with organisations and networks to sign up to the campaign, in the UK, and over time, internationally.
- Identifying key opportunities for recruiting potential partners to the campaign.
- Creative promotion of activity from partner organisations by showcasing best practice.
- Identifying, and where appropriate managing, relationships with key stakeholders.
- Providing updates and insights into trends and opportunities for policy and regulatory reform.
- Supporting the identification of, and preparation for, key advocacy and campaign moments.
- Managing partnership activities, including workshops, events, surveys, media activity.
- Monitoring and evaluating the delivery of the strategy and workplan.
Ideally you’ll have experience and understanding of:
- Leading the development of complex partnerships.
- Working with a wide range of organisations, from a variety of sectors.
- Working on initiatives related to sustainable finance, climate, development or public policy.
- Managing relationship with senior stakeholders.
- The links between policy, partnerships, campaigning and media.
- Using evidence and insight to promote change.
You’ll also be:
- Committed to Make My Money Matter’s aims.
- Good at working in a team, willing to get stuck in, positive and proactive.
- Able to work well in entrepreneurial settings, often independently, and with tight deadlines.
- Authorised to work in the UK.
In return, we offer
- Competitive salary and pension contributions, generous holiday entitlement.
- Flexible working.
- A fantastic opportunity to make an impact in the world.
- Working with a highly-visible, mission-driven organisation.
- A supportive, inclusive environment, and an amazing, vibrant team.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a one page cover setting out what you offer for this post, with “Partnerships Manager Application” in the subject line. Please include current employment status and likely notice period. Please note that due to the high number of applicants, we are only able to respond to candidates who we wish to interview.
Diversity and inclusion
We strive to create a fair and healthy environment where all colleagues feel challenged, valued and supported. We aim to cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where our people are highly engaged, and individual contributions are celebrated. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.