Making The Leap is a well-established social mobility charity committed to helping young people realise their full potential. We have helped thousands of disadvantaged young Londoners into jobs, supported talented young people into the career of their dreams and are leading the way in encouraging organisations across the country to do more on social mobility.
We are now seeking a hard-working and self-motivated individual to join us as a Social Media Officer. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to start their career in social media marketing.
Location - Kensal Green, London
You will work with the entire team to support them in all aspects of creating and executing social media strategies to engage audiences and raise awareness of the organisation.
You will need to be self-motivated and capable of taking the initiative, have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and be able to communicate well with others, both within the team and with external contacts.
You may occasionally be required to work outside of regular working hours to attend events.
· Create social media strategies for the organisation and for specific events
· Write, schedule and post content on all social media accounts managed by Making The Leap
· Increase engagement within social communities
· Provide regular reports and analysis of social media activities
· Manage the delivery of social media posts at events
· Work with all members of the team to ensure delivery of key objectives on social media
· Design marketing materials such as leaflets, posters and banners to promote our services
· Regularly update and manage information on Making The Leap websites
· Participate in Making The Leap’s promotional activities (including digital, televisual, radio and written media) as requested
· Any other duties within the general scope of the post
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone who:
· Has a good working knowledge of social media platforms with an understanding of the roles they play in people’s lives
· Is a confident, engaging writer with strong communication skills and the ability to write creatively, clearly, and compellingly, with an eye for detail and impeccable grammar
· Is a creative thinker, organised, detail-oriented and driven by deadlines and results
· Is able to work with minimal direction and supervision; independent and self-sufficient, but in the context of a close-knit team environment
· Has a positive, problem-solving attitude
· Is able to write crafted blogs and articles
· Has experience with web publishing, HTML, SEO and basic content management systems
· Is able to create good visual content such as infographics and GIFs
· Has good listening skills and ability to empathise with young people
· Has a professional approach to all tasks, flexible and self-demanding of excellence
Desirable but not essential:
· Degree in English, History or in the creative, arts or journalism field
· Video editing experience and/or a good eye for photography
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm
Nest Pension Scheme: 8% contribution (5% non-contributory)
If you wish to be considered, please apply with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this position. The covering letter is your opportunity to talk yourself into an interview: please use it.
*Please note: Any application that does not include a covering letter will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.