Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Communications Officer to join our team in London, UK.
The Communications Officer sits within the organisation’s UK based External Relations (ER) Team and plays a key role in helping to raise Malaria Consortium’s profile and position the organisation with donors and other key audiences through a range of communications initiatives. The post holder will work closely with the Communications Manager and the wider ER team to help position the organisation with key stakeholders through the delivery of timely, accurate and targeted content. This includes working with project/programme teams to capture and communicate progress, results and learning, drafting blogs, press releases and newsletters, developing targeted messaging and contributing to communications campaigns. The Communications Officer will also support a range of activities to help strengthen our philanthropic partnerships, ensuring the impact of our work, and perspectives from vulnerable communities, is articulated and shared in a timely fashion.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in communications, advocacy, journalism, international development or other relevant discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including long and short form copywriting, briefing papers, project plans, concept notes, use of social media, etc.
- Demonstrable ability to synthesise complex technical information and convey messages to diverse audiences
- Strong analytic, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Ability to take initiative and manage assignments from concept to completion
- Fundraising experience, particularly using online digital platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively and thoughtfully with all levels of associates, including senior management, stakeholders and donors
- Good experience in effective dissemination of high quality communications outputs
- Good experience of the use of digital technology for external engagement
- Experience of organising activities or events
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.