Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Head of Business Development to join our team in London, UK.
The position holder will lead the organisation’s business development activities. S/he will work closely with headquarters, regional and country teams to support business development strategy for the organisation and ensure high quality competitive proposals are submitted in response to solicited and unsolicited opportunities from public and private donors. S/he will manage a business development (BD) team.
The successful candidate will have:
- A strong business acumen and comfortably able to work and negotiate with partners at senior management level.
- Experience in international development particularly working in the health sector.
- Significant experience in developing and managing project concepts and funding proposals for humanitarian / development work from governmental / statutory donors – including DFID, US Government, Global Fund, UNITAID, EU institutions, Sida, SDC, Irish Aid, etc.
- Experience of commercial contracting, PBR contracting and institutional donor contracting mechanisms.
- Proven ability to negotiate effectively with donors and partners.
- Strong experience of managing, motivating and leading people.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and foster open communications.
- Proven organisational skills: the ability to work productively and accurately under pressure in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Preferably Master’s degree in relevant subject (health, economics, development studies, statistics) with extensive experience in business development.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.