Senior Technical Advisor
Salary: £58,195 gross per annum
Location: London, E2
Hours: 35 per week
Benefits: Pension & UK package
Job Type: Indefinite
Established in 2003, Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable populations.
Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Senior Technical Advisor to join our team in London.
The Senior Technical Advisor is responsible for provision of high level technical and strategic advice in control of malaria and other tropical diseases including the management of causes of childhood fever and reproductive health issues and malnutrition, to the full range of Malaria Consortium’s programmes and projects worldwide. Whereas the post-holder will provide technical support and be technical involved in specific projects, the post-holder backstops the Asia technical team and provides technical leadership of the Case Management Business Area.
The successful candidate will need:
- To be a medical doctor with clinical experience in low and middle-income countries with a focus on paediatrics and child health
- A postgraduate qualification in paediatrics and child health or equivalent experience
- Extensive international experience
- Experience in applying quality management in healthcare
- Experience working in a technical support capacity with Ministries of health, international agencies and Non-Governmental organisations
- Experience mentoring and strengthening the skills of clinical and nursing staff based at service delivery points using adult learning techniques
- Technical knowledge in communicable disease control including malaria, pneumonia and dengue
- The ability to manage a fluctuating workload, prioritise and re-prioritise when necessary and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent manuscript and report writing skills
To apply for the role of Senior Technical Advisor, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Technical Advisor, Senior Medical Advisor, Senior Healthcare Advisor, Lead Public Health Advisor, Medical Consultant, Healthcare Consultant, Doctor, Medical, Healthcare.