Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager
Location: Vauxhall, London (Head Office) but flexibility to work from home as business needs allow
Salary: £28,000 per annum pro rata
Contract: 9-12 months (maternity cover) from mid- June
Hours: Full Time 35 hours, 5 days per week
About Malaria No More UK
Malaria has been described as the oldest killer disease in history; even now, despite recent progress, it claims the life of a child every two minutes. Malaria No More UK is part of a global movement that is determined to make this the generation that beats this killer. To realise this vision, we need to mobilise governments, influencers, businesses and the public, inspiring them to commit funds, energy and resources to ending deaths from malaria and wiping out the disease for good.
We’re delivering an exciting, global campaign with lots of celebrity and media endorsement and we need your help delivering social and digital communications. Your time and hard work will help us accelerate the end of the world’s oldest and deadliest disease.
If you’re looking for a chance to further your digital career while contributing to an ambitious, passionate organisation with a bold mission, then this opportunity is for you. You will be working directly with our small digital communications team of two, undertaking a varied range tasks including looking after our social media channels, editing website content, image editing and providing administrative support where needed.
You will gain:
- an insight into the work of an ambitious, high impact global health advocacy organisation, and specific experience in digital communications and content production.
- A chance to develop your digital, writing and workplace skills.
- The opportunity to play a role in the global movement to help end malaria.
These will vary according to the needs of the team but are likely to include:
- Writing, editing, scheduling and monitoring social posts across campaign channels and responding to comments and interactions
- Editing and publishing content on our websites using our Drupal 7 and 8 CMS
- Producing or editing campaign content for digital channels
- Building newsletters using MailChimp email service provider
- Basic editing of images or videos using Adobe editing software
- Championing The Malaria No More UK and campaign brands
- Supporting the Head of Creative, Digital & Content on film and other productions
- Supporting Digital Marketing Manager on monitoring and reporting
- Supporting the organisation with ad-hoc design requirements
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; being able to articulate yourself clearly face-to-face as well as online
- A keen eye for detail and should feel comfortable editing digital copy: from emails and case studies, to adverts and meta data for SEO
- Experience working across all social media platforms, producing content and using social media management and monitoring tools
- Strong design skills in Adobe Photoshop (Premiere would be an advantage) and are confident with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using project management dashboards
- We’re a fun but hard-working team so it’d help if you’re as conscientious as you are light-hearted!
- Able to hit the ground running and work independently while meeting a brief
- Well organised and reliable with a willingness to “muck-in”
- Capacity to deal with sometimes agile and unpredictable environments
- Enthusiastic about our mission and about your future in digital and content
- Lived experience of malaria preferred
MNMUK recognises the value of a team in which people from diverse backgrounds are able to introduce fresh ideas and contribute to delivering our mission to make Malaria No More. Candidates from historically marginalised or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Staff benefits include:
- 10% employer pension contributions
- 28 days’ annual leave plus national holidays (pro rata)
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience match our requirements and why you want to work for us. Closing date: 26th April 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.