Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
Location: Vauxhall, London (3-4 days)/ working from home (1-2 days)
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum depending on experience + benefits
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Malaria has been described as the oldest killer disease in history; even now, despite recent progress, it claims the life of a child every two minutes. Malaria No More UK (MNM UK) is part of a global movement that is determined to make this the generation that beats this killer. To realise this vision, we need to mobilise governments, influencers, businesses and the public, inspiring them to commit funds, energy and resources to ending deaths from malaria and wiping out the disease for good. We are a small but very hard-working team with ambitions and objectives that reach way beyond the expected, and every member of our team contributes to winning the fight to ending malaria, saving millions of lives and eradicating the poverty that this disease causes to so many. Together, we can make malaria no more.
Malaria No More UK is a dynamic and motivated partner-driven charity organisation operating in multiple geographic locations and across multiple time zones, now looking for a proactive, experienced Team Co-ordinator to actively support the optimal smooth performance of the high-driven team. This role will provide high level PA, administration and coordination support in a fast-moving, changeable, global facing environment to a team of directors and senior staff, support the Senior Operations Manager and provide general support to the wider MNMUK team as a key member of the Operations Team. The successful candidate will have a professional ‘can-do’ attitude, be a definite problem solver, have an eye for detail and possess excellent IT skills. Honed organisational and communication skills will be key to helping the charity run smoothly. The role is not entry level and will attract an experienced professional, delivering the expected tasks for this type of position, combined with strong communication skills to operate in a collaborative and effective way. Malaria No More UK provides an excellent remuneration package, opportunities to grow and develop personal skills, a dynamic and effective team of colleagues and a meaningful cause to support.
Key responsibilities will include:
·Direct high level PA support of multiple directors and senior managers including diary coordination, arranging complex travel and visa applications, assisting with expense claims and triaging of select email inboxes
·Assisting directors and senior managers with project, event and meetings bookings, minute taking, external stakeholder support and general administration support
- Assisting the Senior Operations Manager with tasks and projects as required including HR and recruitment administration
- Providing organisational support including general office management assistance, taking minutes at internal meetings, coordinating and supporting team events, sending mailmerge invitations as well as generating reports, spreadsheets. presentations and charts
- Providing administration support across the MNMUK team and being a primary contact point for external engagement including suppliers, donors and partners.
- Deputising for the Executive PA during leave periods
- To undertake any other reasonable additional duties as required by MNMUK.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Previous high-level PA / team coordinator and support experience in a multi-leadership/ multiple stakeholders, fast-moving and changeable global facing environment, gaining trust and confidence.
- Strong experience of coordinating complex international travel and visa arrangements across multiple time zones and currencies and organising high-level meetings with multiple external senior stakeholders.
- Sound judgement with an ability to effectively prioritise tasks in a fast-moving and changeable environment; highly organised and with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of the team, a high level of initiative and a pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a high standard of English, as well as the ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Advanced skills in MS Office packages including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Mailmerge, etc
- Effective minute taking and understanding of the need for confidentiality.
- Flexible, hardworking, professional and motivated.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Malaria No More UK.
- Experience working in a charity
- Some experience of office management
- Events coordination and organisation
- Basic HR admin task experience
- Lived malaria experience
This job description and person specification is a statement of requirements at the time of writing and is not contractual or exhaustive. It should not be seen as precluding future changes after appointment to this role and it may be amended over time in consultation with the Senior Operations Manager
MNMUK recognises the value of a team in which people from diverse backgrounds are able to introduce fresh ideas and contribute to delivering our mission to make Malaria No More.
Candidates from historically marginalised or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Staff benefits include:
- 10% employer pension contributions
- 28 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holiday days
- Interest-free staff season ticket loan
- Professional training & qualification subsidy
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience match our requirements as soon as possible. Interviews and start date asap
NB: The recruitment process will include skills and aptitude testing
Please include your CV and a cover letter as to why you want to work for us and how your experience matches the job description
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.