We are a small team that punches way above its weight. We’re delivering multiple, ambitious global campaigns and seeking a positive, tenacious, can-do PR & Communications intern to join our team for the next six months and potentially beyond. You will support the delivery of our media, PR, talent and communications strategies.
If you’re looking for a chance to kick-start your career in PR and communications while contributing to an ambitious, passionate organisation with a bold mission, then this opportunity is for you. You will be working directly with our communications team, undertaking a varied range of tasks. These include media monitoring and trends, influencer research and targeting, drafting materials for a variety of key audiences, researching the latest global health projects, and providing administrative support where needed.
What can you gain from the role?
- You will get direct experience into the work of an ambitious, high impact global health advocacy organisation, and specific experience in PR, communications, influencer & talent outreach and some digital communications and content production.
- A chance to develop your writing, editing, interviewing and workplace skills.
- The opportunity to play a role in the global movement to help end malaria.
Key responsibilities will vary according to the needs of the team but are likely to include:
- Media monitoring, evaluation and presentation of PR and media communications results
- Research and scanning the media environment for risks, opportunities and trends
- Influencer and talent research, monitoring and developing materials to inspire support
- Helping to develop pitch and story ideas to national and international press outlets
- Interviewing case studies to support our key messaging and campaigns
- Basic editing of text and copy writing
- Logistics support
- Supporting media and communications managers and the wider communications team with ad-hoc tasks
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; being able to articulate yourself clearly face-to-face as well as on the phone and online
- You’ll have a keen eye for detail and should feel comfortable editing copy: from case studies and press releases, to research papers and reports
- Thinking creatively about how to improve PR and media communications
- You’ll know how to use Google/Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be ready to learn basic skills in media monitoring platforms
- You will ideally have spent some time in an office environment
- You will ideally have some experience in communications (studying / informal or formal experience / manage own social media channels/blog)
- We’re a fun but hard-working team so it’d help if you’re as conscientious as you are light-hearted!
- Able to hit the ground running and work independently while meeting a brief
- Well organised and reliable with a willingness to “muck-in”
- Capacity to deal with sometimes unstructured and unpredictable environments
- Enthusiastic about our mission and about your future in communications
Staff benefits include:
- 10% employer pension contributions
- 28 days’ annual leave plus 8 bank holiday days
- Continuing personal development opportunities
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how your skills and experience match our requirements and why you want to work for us
Closing date 12th June 2020 Interviews w/c 22nd June 2020
Location: Working from home initially with flexibility to work in office London, SE11
Salary: £10.75 per hour (London Living wage)
Contract: Starting early July for six months + review
Hours: 3 - 4 days per week (must include Wednesday)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.