Reports to: Senior Manager, Communications and Talent Relations
Location: Vauxhall, London (Head Office) but flexibility to work from home
Salary: £35000 - £42000 per annum dependent on experience + benefits
Contract: 12 months Fixed Term Contract from January 2021
Hours: Full time 35 hours Mondays - Fridays
About Malaria No More UK
Malaria has been described as the oldest killer disease in history; even now, despite recent progress, it claims the life of a child every two minutes. Malaria No More UK (MNM UK) is part of a global movement that is determined to make this the generation that beats this killer. To realise this vision, MNMUK needs to mobilise governments, influencers, businesses, and the public, inspiring them to commit funds, energy and resources to ending deaths from malaria and wiping out the disease for good.
About the team and the role
Malaria No More UK is a small, very hard working team based in UK and increasingly across Africa with ambitions and objectives that reach way beyond the expected, and every member of our team contributes to winning the fight to ending malaria, saving millions of lives and eradicating the poverty that this disease causes to so many.
The talent team consists of one Senior Manager, Communications and Talent Relations with support from Director of Global Communications and Head of Communications.
This is a new role as MNMUK grows in capacity to manage and nurture high profile relationships to inspire public, political and private sector support locally and globally with a focus on Africa. MNMUK engages high profile influencers who have an authentic fit with our cause and who are globally inspiring, trailblazing, and leaders in their field.
The job holder will work closely with the Senior Manager in the management and recruitment of talent for Malaria No More UK (MNM UK) and associated campaigns with a focus on UK and Africa.
- Lead on and project manage talent-led areas of campaigns and specific relationships. This includes nurturing MNM UK’s team of Special Ambassadors and creating bespoke plans and helping to grow the MNM UK Leadership Council.
- Sell MNM UK and associated campaigns to high profile celebrities, their managers, publicists, key decision makers, influential individuals and their wider networks.
- Activate the relevant part of the talent strategy assigned to you, by researching, creating pitches and briefs, making approaches, networking and stewardship of artists and agents.
- Ensure good levels of communication and collaboration within MNMUK to ensure talent relationships are well maintained and deliver effectively for Advocacy and Philanthropy and Partnerships.
- Monitor talent profiles in the media, their involvement with other charities and their potential connection to the cause, seeking out new influencers and creating opportunities to make approaches with screening and risk assessment in place.
- Manage and maintain the development and maintenance of a master talent and agent list, their contact details and all communication with them, in line with GDPR, ensuring the information is accessible to relevant teams and individuals.
- Create, develop and implement a talent stewardship scheme so all talent involved in the campaign feel confident about the cause and that their involvement is vital.
- Make sure all talent and their representatives are thanked and that a recognition strategy is in place.
- To undertake any other reasonable additional duties as required by MNMUK.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Proven, extensive track record of managing high profile talent relationships, including talent from Africa.
- Experience of growing talent relationships that deliver multiple wins i.e. advocacy, fundraising, communications and talent’s own growth strategy.
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships locally and globally with senior stakeholders/ high profile individuals and their representatives.
- Proven ability to collaborate with multiple teams both internally and externally, managing multiple stakeholders and a complex set of priorities.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and presentational and influencing skills.
- Strong understanding of the celebrity & entertainment landscape.
- Ability to work as part of a successful team but also able to take initiative, solve problems and think laterally in a high-pressure environment.
- Attention to detail in research, planning and delivery.
- Excellent project management and organisational skills.
- IT literate and experience of contact management systems.
- Knowledge of, and ability to articulate, MNM UK’s cause and core purpose.
- Experience and knowledge of managing talent in sport (football, rugby, athletics) and entertainment.
- Knowledge of the global health sector and experience of navigating the variety of stakeholders within it.
- Lived malaria experience.
- A “can do” and agile, creative attitude and team player with ability to think quickly, pro-actively and strategically.
- Practical and hands on, as well as strategic thinker with a desire for delivering communications that are driven by doing things differently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with effective partnership working and relationship-building.
MNMUK recognises the value of a team in which people from diverse backgrounds are able to introduce fresh ideas and contribute to delivering our mission to make Malaria No More. Candidates from historically marginalised or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Staff benefits include:
- 10% employer pension contributions
- 28 days’ annual leave plus public holiday days in the postholders country of residence
- Private medical insurance may be available depending on the postholders country of residence
- Interest-free staff season ticket loan and bicycle loan schemes
- Continuing personal development opportunities
- Professional training & qualification subsidy
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.