We are seeking someone to manage and administer the maintenance of the building and the operation of the conference centre, including book-keeping and preparation of accounts, and to liaise with clients, church and community.
Excellent organisational, practical and communication skills required. Relevant training and experience desirable.
- Be self-motivated, flexible, personable, with excellent organisational skills.
- Be able to relate with people of all backgrounds and ages. Have good verbal and written communication skills. Be able to take initiative and demonstrate efficiency.
- Be able to use Microsoft Office software and QuickBooks.
- Be able to present the best interests of the church in the management of lettings, ensuring good business practice and financial integrity.
- To be a Christian representative of the church to all clients, maintenance personnel and others who have contact with the facilities.
Current First Aid at Work Certificate
For a detailed job description and person specification, please see the attched document.
To apply for the position of Manager of House and Community, please click on the 'Apply with Charityjob' button to submit the following:
- Your CV including details of two referees, at least one of whom should be your most recent employer.
- A covering letter to the Trustees explaining why you would like to work for Beechen Grove Baptist Church, what you think you would bring to the organisation and how your skills and experience meet the requirements of this role.
Interviews to be held on Monday 9 and Tuesday 10 September 2019 with a view to immediate appointment.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check.
Closing date: (subject: Application for House Manager) noon on Friday 30 August 2019