Manchester International Festival (MIF) is the world’s first festival of original, new work and special events, staged every two years. From 2021, as well as producing a biennial festival, we will also run The Factory, a new state of the art building and producing organisation in the heart of Manchester.
To ensure that the organisation engages, increases and diversifies audiences and participants for both Manchester International Festival (MIF) and The Factory. Devise and deliver an audience development strategy. Oversee a comprehensive communication plan for the transition and journey towards The Factory and beyond.
- Lead on the development and delivery of an innovative Audience strategy which will enable The Factory to welcome over 1 million visitors (ticketed and free events) in its first year of operation, as well as achieving ambitions in digital, community and international engagement
- Work with the Director of Organisational Change and Transition to lead/contribute on the audiences and brand strand for transition into The Factory and identify other change needs
- Oversee the management of audience research and evaluation and to effectively interpret patron data – growing both new audiences and retaining existing ones
- Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure an expansive and joined up approach to audiences across all platforms
- Be accountable for audience targets
- Lead the organisation’s approach to Customer Relationship Management (CRM) working with key stakeholders to develop rich content to build engagement with the brand and deliver a meaningful customer experience
- Manage the effective collection, analysis and use of market intelligence, audience research and sales data, to inform and track revenue, reputation and engagement goals
- To oversee the effective delivery of a communications strategy for both The Factory and the Festival working with the Press & Marketing Directors to achieve set goals
- Collaborate closely with the Artistic Director, Creative Director and Producing Department to embed audience development in creative strategies
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Engagement department to ensure integration of audience development and participatory programmes, and to involve the widest possible range of communities as active partners in audience development
- To liaise with the peers internationally to support the development of audiences for MIF and The Factory’s touring work, and to share best practice
First round Interview date: 03 February 2020
Second round Interview date: 17 February 2020
All applications must go through the online application form or if you have any specific accessibility requirements (such as printed forms/Job Packs) please contact the MIF Office. Applications through any other method will not be considered.
MIF are always happy to make reasonable adjustments for candidates where possible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.