This is a new role within the organisation to help us drive forward our ambitions around becoming a world-leader in sustainable environmental management, ensuring our sustainable aims sit at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to supporting an ambitious step-change around sustainability within our own productions and practices as well as within the wider cultural sector, acting as ambassadors for change.
To lead on development and delivery of a holistic strategy that embeds best practice in environmental sustainability as a core principle for MIF/The Factory.
- Develop a clear organisation-wide stance and strategy on environmental issues including sustainable event, venue and production management, travel, touring and partnerships
- Lead on championing and communicating the strategy at all levels from Board downwards including working with Marketing/Comms on internal and external advocacy and information campaigns
- Advise and work with all teams to integrate environmental sustainability into their work and create imaginative action plans to reduce environmental impact. Taking a lead role with advising on best practice systems, equipment and processes for The Factory
- Work with local suppliers and providers to make sure they have the best understanding of our requirements and work with them to achieve new and ambitious sustainable delivery streams
- Lead on organisational training, research and development around environmental sustainability to embed best practice in the work of all departments and ensure all teams can lead confident conversations about environmental sustainability with their key partners and stakeholders
- Work with key sector partners - such as the Manchester Arts Sustainability Team and Julie’s Bicycle – to help drive sector-based approaches to environmental sustainability
- Work to ensure that MIF/The Factory becomes a leader in the field and shares our work and learning with national and international networks
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.