Closing date: 17th July 2022
Locations: Manchester International Festival/The Factory
Remote status: Hybrid Remote
Yearly salary: £22,500
Employment type: Full-time
Join our Finance department! Help to achieve smooth running of the finance operations and provision of effective support to the rest of the organisation, during and after its transition to The Factory.
The Finance Administrator will deliver a range of finance services, with a focus on cash facilities and processing of expenses, to ensure that the provision of cash to departments and shows is well administered, monitored and controlled. Contributing to Finance department’s overall efforts to achieve smooth running of the finance operations and the provision of effective support to the rest of the organisation, during and after its transition to The Factory.
• Manage cash floats and petty cash systems, including logging float requests, preparing drawdowns of cash from the bank, distributing cash, monitoring timely submission of and checking float and petty cash reconciliations. Observe internal controls related to cash held in the office or in transit, to ensure it is safe and accounted for at all times
• Smooth running of internal systems of payroll expenses and company credit/debit card reconciliations. Ensure their timely submission and processing for import into Access Financials. Identify and highlight any taxable items, in line with the Expenses Policy. Maintain electronic and paper filing and ensure they are up to date
• Assist Financial Accountant and Finance Administrators in monthly bank accounts reconciliations, including the reconciliations of foreign currency accounts held by Foreign Exchange providers. Provide bank information and reports from Access Financials and other sources, as and when required
• Deputise for Finance Administrator-Purchase Ledger and Finance Administrator–Sales Ledger in their absence and assist in these areas of work, as and when required
• Assist Head of Finance and Financial Accountant in the year-end processes within the relevant areas of responsibility. Prepare information and paperwork for auditors and any other inspection as required
• Prepare cash outflow analysis of the BACS payment runs and individual payments, on a timely basis, to aid cashflow forecast.
• Relevant experience of working in a busy finance department
• Accuracy with excellent attention to detail
• Strong numerical skills, interest in accounting and working towards accountancy qualification, grasp of VAT
• Familiarity with Access Financials or other accountancy packages. A quick learner with an ability to understand new systems
• Positive and enthusiastic attitude including a flexible approach
• Commitment to championing representation and inclusion at every level of the organisation with a proven ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds
• Excellent organisational and communication skills
• Strong administrative skills including strong IT skills (particularly Microsoft Excel)
• Ability to work well under pressure and manage a fluctuating workload
• Enthusiasm for training, mentoring and support of emerging talent
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.