Manchester Mind believes in the power of listening and feeling heard and that a better understanding of mental health benefits everyone. We do this by providing a range of services across Manchester to young people and adults.
Our work is guided by our values of:
Openness | Belonging | Strength | Collaboration
Manchester Mind is looking to recruit a Mums Matter Coordinator. The role will involve running an established project across Manchester to support mums struggling with their mental health through the delivery of a course to develop of self-care skills and facilitate peer support from other women. We would like to work with someone who is experienced, dynamic and passionate about being able to support women and work with other services to improve wellbeing for women and their families.
Position: Mums Matter Coordinator
Salary: £27,852 pa
Contract Type: Fixed term for 12 months (extension possible dependent upon funding)
Hours: 35 hours per week
The skills and knowledge that are important to us are:
- Experience of working with people who have lived experience of mental health and/or perinatal mental health problems and an understanding of how that affects individuals and their families.
- Experience of developing and delivering training.
- Experience of leading, working in and demonstrating the impact of a project
- Ability to create a sense of belonging through development of kind relationships that lead to people feeling accepted and able to contribute.
- Ability to work in a strengths-based way that recognises the potential for individuals to develop and enable resilience.
You can download all application documents from alongside this listing, or from the Vacancies page of the Manchester Mind website.
All applications must be received by 9am on Wednesday 27th July.
Interviews for successful applicants will take place on Wednesday 3rd August.
Manchester Mind is striving to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Manchester Mind sees it as a positive advantage if you have experience of mental health issues and/or have used mental health services, or had experience of volunteering.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.