Volunteer Social Media Manager Role Description
At least 2 hours a week (flexible)
Remotely from home
The Social Media volunteer will work closely with the communications manager as well as with other project officers to promote engaging content across MHDT’s various social media accounts. Content, once approved, may appear in Manor House Development Trust and the Redmond Community Centre’s printed publications and other digital channels.
About the projects
Two different projects are currently being run by Manor House Development Trust at the Redmond Community Centre. These projects are in response to low income families who have been greatly affected by the coronavirus outbreak.
The first is ‘Hackney Emergency Food Hub’. This is a service where healthy, cooked meals are to be prepared and delivered to vulnerable households with children across Woodberry Down, Manor House.
The second project is ‘Woodberry Connect’. This is all about providing digital support for local residents who struggle with utilising electronic devices as well as the internet. Due to the restrictive nature of the pandemic we aim to reduce isolation and promote online social engagement.
About Manor House Development Trust
Manor House Development Trust is a resident-led charity providing community programs and services in Woodberry Down, one of Hackney's most deprived wards. Our vision is to create a resilient, happy community.
- Utilise all types of media sources provided by staff members. E.g.: pictures, web links and other promotional material.
- Take direction from MHDT project managers.
- Use social media to promote the activities and achievements of MHDT
- Keeping our social media channels updated on a frequent basis
- Encourage followers to share our content
- Ensure that communication reaches a wide range of local stakeholders and diverse audience
- Track the effectiveness of our social media work and provide feedback
- Test content and review its impact
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong writing skills. (Essential)
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills. (Essential)
Understanding of Manor House Development Trust’s mission as well as our
fundamental principles. (Essential)
- Ability to work within Manor House Development Trust’s and the Redmond Community Centre’s privacy, photography, child protection policies and guidelines. (Essential)
- Experience of using MS Office packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook (Essential)
- Able to generate creative ideas to promote material (Desirable)
We act always in accordance with the Manor House Development Trust’s Conduct and Child Protection Code of Conduct.
We comply with the Manor House Development Trust Health and Safety management system.
We demonstrate skill, knowledge and behaviour to work with people from all different social, cultural and economic backgrounds in a respectful way. In all activities, our volunteers are guided by the Fundamental Principles of Manor House Development Trust.