A small, niche not for profit membership body is seeking a Finance Manager for a full-time permanent role.
Reporting to a Finance Director and managing a Finance Officer, the role involves a variety of business as usual and change management finance projects, and represents the chance to work for a well-established and versatile organisation.
The role can offer hybrid working, with an average of 40% of the working week required to be onsite at the central London office, with the rest of the time from home.
The role would best suit a candidate experienced at Finance Manager level, with prior experience in a charity or membership body at the smaller end of the scale.
The organisation is looking for someone to start the role in early/mid January 2022.
Change related responsibilities:
- Analyse existing financial transaction processes, identify and develop improvements and take responsibility for delivering change to increase efficiency and facilitate meeting reporting deadlines.
- Lead on the implementation of online expenses and credit card systems
- Contribute significantly to the development and implementation of finance elements of the new CRM system, an organisation-wide process.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Prepare draft management accounts for the organisation and a small related charitable organisation, ensuring that they comply with accounting standards.
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of the annual budget.
- Present financial management information in a concise and easily understandable format for inclusion in Board reports.
- Prepare monthly accruals and prepayments and manage all monthly reconciliations.
- Record investment transactions
- Record all credit card transactions and produce the annual HMRC calculations for compliance with the PAYE Settlement Agreement.
- Process all sales, purchase and nominal ledger transactions for the small related charitable organisation
- Process bank transactions, prepare bank reconciliations and ensure that all bank mandates are up to date for the small related charitable organisation
- Line manage the work of the Finance Officer.
- Graduate level education and a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACMA or ACCA) – or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Sound knowledge of management accounting and budgeting principles and methodology
- Ability to and experience of independently preparing draft accounts to management accounts level
- Experience of delivering change and improvements to financial processes
- Experience of Sage accounts package, including the interface with Excel, and of CRM systems (desirable not essential)
- Experience of maximising the benefits of technology to present management information
- Knowledge of online expenses and credit card systems
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work both individually and as part of a team
Salary: £43,000-46,000 depending on experience.
Closing date: Monday 6th December
1st round interviews: Wednesday 8th December
2nd round interviews: Friday 10th December
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.