A Multi-Academy Trust of 11 schools located around Kettering, Corby & Wisbech is seeking a Senior Finance Business Partner for an urgent 3 month fixed term contract role.
The role involves leading on the budgets, forecasts and business partnering for one of the Wisbech based schools in the Trust. You will also take the lead on the central core team’s budgets along with the catering budget for the Trust overall.
The role can be done largely remotely / from home, however ideally the successful candidate will spend half a day per week at one of the schools in Wisbech, and will occasionally be able to attend the Trust’s central office in Kettering.
The role is paying up to £70,000 per annum.
The role would be best suited for a fully-qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA accountant with demonstrable experience in a senior level business partnering role. Prior experience working in the Education sector with schools or universities is also required.
Duties will include:
- Develop excellent working relationships with key stakeholders across the Trust, ensuring KPIS, professional strategic financial advice and guidance is provided and applied effectively
- Ensure monthly reporting is accurate, fit for purpose and facilitates effective decision making at school and Trust level in conjunction with the requirements of the CFO and best practice
- Embed the new finance operating model, working in partnership with the in-house People team ensuring during the business planning, forecasting and budgeting cycles are undertaken in line with agreed timescale
- Provide analysis and insight, linking financial reports to School and Trust strategies
- Contribute to key financial decision making on an ongoing basis
- Provide ongoing higher level support and guidance on financial matters to relevant stakeholders
- Support and advise budget holders on the development and submission of business cases as and when required, maximising the link and priority of good financial stewardship and front-line education delivery
- To undertake project- based work for specific projects and programmes
- Provide quality information as required to external bodies for example to the ESFA or the external auditors
Closing date: Ongoing / ASAP
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.