Title: Caring Services Finance Partner
Salary: £39,034- £42,000 per annum + London Allowance £3,500 if applicable.
Hours/Contract: 35 hr/ week
Contract Type: Permanent
Based: Hybrid working, Home Based and Office Based (Central London one day per week)
Closing date: 31st May 2022
Interview date: 10 June 2022
Marie is Curie is the leading provider of end-of-life care in the UK. The impact of our existing services on people's experience at end of life is significant. Last year, we helped more than 68,000 people with our services, including hospices, nursing services, helper and companion services, and information and support. 98% of the people we supported rate us highly.
However, we're currently only reaching 10% of people at the end of life in the UK and the need for our work has never been greater: every 5 minutes someone in the UK dies without getting the care and support they need. We need to build on our excellent services and develop new approaches to strengthen our reach and impact and ensure everyone has the best possible experience at the end of life.
The Caring Services Finance Partnering Team works alongside our nine hospices and nationwide nursing services, supporting budget holders to maximise their impact with an income budget of circa £55m and gross expenditure circa £90m. You will deliver a high quality, customer focused finance partnering service to stakeholders in the Caring Services directorate and Business Development Team, including support to operational decision making, commercial development and our rolling cost efficiency programme, producing management accounts, forecasts, budgets and insightful analysis.
What we are looking for:
- A qualified or nearly qualified accountant with finance partnering experience in a medium or large organisation, ideally with experience in the health, social care or charity sectors.
- Customer focused, you will build strong relationships with decision makers, making use of data and analysis to deliver real insight and support your arguments.
- You will have experience of supporting budget holders to prepare budgets and forecasts and make effective financial decisions.
What's in it for you:
- Continued access to NHS Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Marie Curie Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Loan schemes for bikes; computers and satellite navigation systems
- Continuous development
- Industry leading training programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working
Marie Curie is committed to its values, which underpin our work. We take stringent steps to ensure that the people who join our organisation through employment or volunteering, are suitable for their roles and are committed to safeguarding all our people from harm. This includes our staff, volunteers and all those who use or come into contact with our services. We are dedicated to creating not just a safe place to work but also a supportive and rewarding one.
We are committed to a world where everyone can thrive and fulfil their potential. We are devoted to the social justice imperatives and organisational benefits of full diversity, inclusion and equity in the workplace, and are a Stonewall champion. We actively encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures, perspectives and lived experiences.
Shortlisting and Interviews will happen on a rolling basis so early application is encouraged. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early. Agencies need not apply.