Title: London Community Fundraiser
Salary: £26,044 plus £3500 London Allowance
Hours/Contract: 35 hours/week
Contract Type: Permanent
Based: Marie Curie, London Office
Closing date: 8th December 2021
Interview date: TBC
At Marie Curie we understand that everyone will be affected by dying, death and bereavement and deserves the best possible experience, reflecting what's most important to them. As the leading end of life charity, it is our ambition to make this happen. To help achieve this, we are seeking to recruit a Community Fundraiser to join our dynamic London fundraising team and be part of shaping the future of fundraising across the region.
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising and working closely with some of the most talented fundraising people in the charity sector, your role will be to build, develop and maintain fantastic relationships throughout the region.
You will develop and inspire volunteers and supporters to ensure our local and national campaign activity is as effective as possible in delivering the maximum impact and income.
If you thrive on the challenge of setting and achieving ambitious goals, think the only way to approach a target is to tackle it head on, and can bring the energy that adds some drive to how you approach your fundraising, then Marie Curie would love to support you in achieving your goals and helping us create a better end of life experience for everyone.
What we are looking for:
- Recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods and procedures
- Superb customer service skills with the ability to provide excellent stewardship
- A talent for building and nurturing great working relationships
- A flexible approach and positive outlook are essential
- Experience of raising funds in a community setting
- An engaging and inspiring individual
- Well organised with sound office skills
What's in it for you:
- Continued access to NHS Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Marie Curie Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Loan schemes for bikes; computers and satellite navigation systems
- Continuous development
- Industry leading training programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working
For more information or an informal chat please contact our Head of Fundraising Tracey North on 07872 417989
Marie Curie is committed to its values, which underpin our work. We take stringent steps to ensure that the people who join our organisation through employment or volunteering, are suitable for their roles and are committed to safeguarding all our people from harm. This includes our staff, volunteers and all those who use or come into contact with our services. We are dedicated to creating not just a safe place to work but also a supportive and rewarding one.
We are committed to a world where everyone can thrive and fulfil their potential. We are devoted to the social justice imperatives and organisational benefits of full diversity, inclusion and equity in the workplace, and are a Stonewall champion. We actively encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures, perspectives and lived experiences.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early. Agencies need not apply.