Title: Community Hub Manager
Hours/Contract: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Based: Bristol (Gloucester Road), Marie Curie Shop
Closing date: 15 June 2022
Interview date: TBC
The purpose of the role will be to build Brand awareness and to ensure we engage well within the community to maximise all potential income opportunities that exist in each location. Using best charity retail practice, creative flair, and an ability to lead by example, the Community Hub Manager will:
- Enable their team to create an inviting shop which drives sales and promotes excellent customer service to achieve agreed sales targets.
- Ensure that donated product is processed to agreed standards, volumes and timescales.
- Confidently articulate the MC purpose and our case for support (both financial and stock generation).
- Introduce donation asks such as gift aid, regular giving, legacies etc.
- Promote current campaigns/promotions
- Understand the services we offer and direct those seeking our support to the most appropriate point of contact
- Collaborate with F&E, other MC Teams and external bodies on local events
- Generate links within the community and network with other support services in the local area.
- The role provides the link between retail and our traditional fundraising teams; helping understand and develop opportunities that can be found in local areas
What we are looking for:
- Confidence to introduce donation asks such as gift aid, regular giving, legacies etc.
- Communication skills - Ability to promote current campaigns/promotions
- Brand Knowledge- Understand the services we offer and direct those seeking our support to the most appropriate point of contact
- Collaborate with F&E teams on local events
- Confidence to generate links within the community and network with other support services in the local area.
What's in it for you:
- Continued access to NHS Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Marie Curie Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Loan schemes for bikes; computers and satellite navigation systems
- Continuous development
- Industry leading training programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working
To view the full job description, please click here.
Marie Curie is committed to its values, which underpin our work. We take stringent steps to ensure that the people who join our organisation through employment or volunteering, are suitable for their roles and are committed to safeguarding all our people from harm. This includes our staff, volunteers and all those who use or come into contact with our services. We are dedicated to creating not just a safe place to work but also a supportive and rewarding one.
We are committed to a world where everyone can thrive and fulfil their potential. We are devoted to the social justice imperatives and organisational benefits of full diversity, inclusion and equity in the workplace, and are a Stonewall champion. We actively encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures, perspectives and lived experiences.
This role will be subject to receiving a satisfactory basic criminal record check.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early. Agencies need not apply.
Same Posting Description for Internal and External Candidates
Every day of your life matters - from the first to the last. When you work for Marie Curie, you understand that better than ever. We're a passionate, committed and diverse team of more than 4,400 staff and 12,000 volunteers, here for people living with any terminal illness, and their families. We offer expert care, guidance and support, to help them get the most from the time they have left.
Everyone knows our daffodil, but it's our warmth, creativity and care that touch lives. Here, we take the time to really get to know the people we care for and those who love them. And we do whatever it takes to give them the final days and hours they deserve