Hours: 28 per week
Contract Type: Permanent, Part Time
Closing Date:23rd July 2019
Interview Date: 5th August 2019
We are looking for a strong, compassionate leader with a solid track record in patient and carer complaints and feedback; specifically, with complaints management experience.
What will you be doing?
We're looking for an experienced individual to:
- Engage with staff, across the organization, to ensure a seamless process for the management of complaints and a systematic process for learning and service improvement as a result of complaints and feedback.
- Identify opportunities where complaints may be resolved quickly to the satisfaction of the complainant/patient.
- Build strong relationships with people who use our services, their families and carers; to gain a better understanding and insight into their complaint.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for complaint handling across the organization, maintaining an active understanding of current thinking regarding complaint handling and developing innovative ways to enhance the service.
- Provide organizational leadership for the management of complaints and feedback, supporting staff to deliver an empathic, responsive, highly professional and effective service.
- Support effective clinical governance across the organization by gathering and analyzing data on feedback and complaints and disseminating key findings
What will you bring?
We're looking for someone who has…
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of current complaints and feedback best practice ideally in relation to healthcare
- The ability to seek new opportunities to improve complaints and feedback within the organization
- An experienced facilitator who can confidently coach and develop individuals and groups and manage change outside of the scope of immediate influence
Every day of your life matters - from the first to the last. When you work for Marie Curie, you understand that better than ever. We're a passionate, committed and diverse team of more than 4,400 staff and 12,000 volunteers, here for people living with any terminal illness, and their families. We offer expert care, guidance, and support, to help them get the most from the time they have left.
Everyone knows our daffodil, but it's our warmth, creativity, and care that touch lives. Here, we take the time to really get to know the people we care for and those who love them. And we do whatever it takes to give them the final days and hours they deserve.
This role may close early if a sufficient number of applications are received.