This is a fantastic opportunity for a finalist or qualified finance professional to join a wonderful charity as a Financial Accountant, gaining support and development in post.
Marie Curie helps people living with a terminal illness and their loved ones make the most of the time they have together by delivering expert hands-on care, emotional support, research and guidance. The underlying income of the charity is just over £140m per annum, and the Financial Accountant will be an important and broad role, best suited to someone offering a background in financial accounting for a medium/large sized finance function or audit firm.
- The purpose of this role is to support the Financial Controller in ensuring the accuracy of the Trial Balance by preparing regular reports and analysis for review. You will co-ordinate the monthly process to review Balance Sheet Reconciliations and to ensure a strong control environment, particularly through regular review of key processes. You will also be required to carry out any changes required to the Chart of Accounts and check regularly to ensure that it remains fit for purpose. Ensure accurate reporting of the Balance Sheet and reserves for the Consolidated Monthly Accounts and other ad hoc reports.
- The postholder will maintain an accurate Fixed Asset Register through regular postings, based on review and liaison with Budget Holders. Prepare capital expenditure reports and support in ensuring that all payroll costs are accurately reflected in the Trial Balance.
- Preparing timely and accurate VAT returns any handling other tax related queries whilst supporting the year end process to deliver a clean audit and accurate and timely Annual Accounts, including preparation of audit schedules and accounts for Financial Controller review.
- Preparation of cash flow reports and forecasts for Financial Controller review is also part of this role.
For more detailed information on this role, please contact Michael Quest of Ivy Rock Partners to discuss in detail and request the job description.
- Closing Date: 31st July 2020 (subject to change)
- Interview date: 5th - 7th August 2020