Title: Edinburgh Fundraising Assistant
Salary: £17,669 to £19,632 per annum
Hours/Contract: 35 hours/week
Contract Type: Permanent
Based: Marie Curie Hospice, Edinburgh
Closing date: 14th June 2022
Interview date: W/C 20th June 2022
At Marie Curie we understand that everyone will be affected by dying, death and bereavement and deserves the best possible experience, reflecting what's most important to them. As the leading end of life charity, it is our ambition to make this happen. To help achieve this, we are seeking to recruit a Fundraising Assistant to join our dynamic Edinburgh fundraising team and be part of shaping the future of fundraising across the nation.
Reporting to the Senior Community Fundraiser and working closely with some of the most talented fundraising people in the charity sector, your role will be to provide fundraising and administrative support to the team. You'll assist in building and developing fundraising relationships in the community, by providing excellent stewardship and support to our fundraising groups, volunteers, and key supporters. You will work within the important processes and guidelines we set around cash handling and ensure the integrity of our supporter and financial databases.
If you enjoy the challenge of multi-tasking, supporting others in their goals; working in a multi-faceted environment, thinking on your feet, and bringing creativity to a role, then this may be the job for you.
What we are looking for:
- A proven track record in delivering excellent supporter service to members of the public and encourage ongoing support
- A good team working ethos, as well as the initiative to manage your own work plan
- The ability to spot potential and build relationships
- Strong IT skills, including Word processing, email and spread sheets and a working knowledge of databases
- Understanding of general office systems and procedures.
- An awareness of end of life care and supporting everyone through all aspects of death, dying and bereavement
What's in it for you:
- Continued access to NHS Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Marie Curie Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Loan schemes for bikes; computers and satellite navigation systems
- Continuous development
- Industry leading training programmes
- Employee Assistance programme
- Flexible Working
Please click apply to go through to our website where you can view the full job description.
Marie Curie is committed to its values, which underpin our work. We take stringent steps to ensure that the people who join our organisation through employment or volunteering, are suitable for their roles and are committed to safeguarding all our people from harm. This includes our staff, volunteers and all those who use or come into contact with our services. We are dedicated to creating not just a safe place to work but also a supportive and rewarding one.
We are committed to a world where everyone can thrive and fulfil their potential. We are devoted to the social justice imperatives and organisational benefits of full diversity, inclusion and equity in the workplace, and are a Stonewall champion. We actively encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures, perspectives and lived experiences.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early. Agencies need not apply.