Title: Hub Manager
Salary: £23,440 - £28,648
Hours: 35 hours a week
Contract Type: Permanent
Based: Newcastle Hospice (Opportunity to work some days from Home)
Closing date: 5th June 2022
Interview date: 14th June 2022
As a Hub Manager you will help ensure our care gets to those that need it most.?
Day to day, you will work as the leader for our hub team in the North East who ensure Marie Curie nurses can deliver care to patients who need our support at end of life. You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the hub service provided, liaising with Marie Curie staff and external providers as well as our patients and their families.
The Hub Manager will be responsible for the smooth day to day running and operational management of the Hub, with support from the Hub senior coordinators. This will involve working closely with our senior clinical teams on a regular basis and monitoring performance across the Hub. The role will involve all aspects of staff and workforce management as well as building and maintaining key relationships with internal and external professionals.
What we are looking for:
- Strong people management skill, gained through managing and developing teams
- Good communication skills over the phone, face to face, presenting to audiences and using written word
- Competent IT skills
- Strong change management skills with the ability to lead teams positively through periods of change
- Excellent self-organisation and self-direction in performance of tasks, including time management skills; the ability to plan and schedule own workload and prioritise tasks
- A degree or evidence of relevant work experience
What's in it for you:
- Continued access to NHS Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Marie Curie Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Loan schemes for bikes; computers and satellite navigation systems
- Continuous development
- Industry leading training programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working
We are a supportive, inclusive team and the successful candidates will be nurtured with ongoing training, supervision and mentoring during their career with Marie Curie.??
For more information or an informal chat please contact Helen Forrow via email on
Marie Curie is committed to its values, which underpin our work. We take stringent steps to ensure that the people who join our organisation through employment or volunteering, are suitable for their roles and are committed to safeguarding all our people from harm. This includes our staff, volunteers and all those who use or come into contact with our services. We are dedicated to creating not just a safe place to work but also a supportive and rewarding one.
We are committed to a world where everyone can thrive and fulfil their potential. We are devoted to the social justice imperatives and organisational benefits of full diversity, inclusion and equity in the workplace, and are a Stonewall champion. We actively encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures, perspectives and lived experiences.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
Agencies need not apply.