Title: Internal Communications & Engagement Manager
Salary: £34,500 per annum, plus London allowance
Hours/Contract: Full time, 35 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term, 12 months
Based: Remote Working, with time spent in London when deemed safe
Closing date: 16th March 2021
Interview date: TBC
Marie Curie is the leading charity for supporting people with a terminal illness. As Internal Communications & Engagement Manager, you'll play a vital role in ensuring all our people are kept informed and inspired about the work Marie Curie does.
The Internal Communications & Engagement Manager will join a team at the heart of Marie Curie to lead on the delivery of internal communications news, content and channels using analysis, insight and understanding to reach various audiences and help teams to deliver their objectives.
The role will focus on supporting improved communications to our frontline teams, as well as managing our crisis communications response to the ongoing pandemic.
We are looking for a highly experienced Internal Communications and Engagement Manager to join our team to lead on our channel and audience strategy, crisis communications and two-way engagement.
If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, creative team at the heart of Marie Curie, then we would love to hear from you.
What we are looking for:
· Someone to own our channel strategy and work with the channel owners in the team to further develop our offer, ensuring they really work for our audiences
· An audience expert, who is passionate about delivering a tailored experience for our people, mapping where we have room for improvements
· Crisis communications experience - the ability to act fast and develop clear consistent messaging to keep our people informed in a crisis
· An engagement expert with experience in involving the views and opinions of our people in all you do
· Confidence and authority to do what's best for the goals of the wider charity when developing plans and influencing stakeholders
· A person who uses insight to drive communication best practice
· A team player who collaborates with and supports their wider team
· Keen relationship builder who can advise stakeholders (especially at a senior level) on their communication needs
What's in it for you:
· Continued access to NHS Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility)
· Marie Curie Group Personal Pension Scheme
· Season ticket loan
· Loan schemes for bikes; computers and satellite navigation systems
· Continuous development
· Industry leading training programmes
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Flexible Working
Marie Curie is committed to its values, which underpin our work. We take stringent steps to ensure that the people who join our organisation through employment or volunteering, are suitable for their roles and are committed to safeguarding all our people from harm. This includes our staff, volunteers and all those who use or come into contact with our services. We are dedicated to creating not just a safe place to work but also a supportive and rewarding one.
We are committed to a world where everyone can thrive and fulfil their potential. We are devoted to the social justice imperatives and organisational benefits of full diversity, inclusion and equity in the workplace, and are a Stonewall champion. We actively encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures, perspectives and lived experiences.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early. Agencies need not apply.