Job Title: IT Project Team Leader
Role Reference: TBC
Location: Dual Worker - Head Office Vauxhall, London and Home based (currently remote)
Salary: £48,500, plus London Weighting Allowance of £3,500
Hours (per week): 35
Closing Date: 11-June-2021
Interview Date: TBC
This is an exciting time to join Marie Curie's IT team as we have been working to re-shape our IT services and creating new technical and project management roles to enable us to do this.
As such Marie Curie are recruiting an IT Project Team Leader with proven project and line management experience to deliver relevant, timely and effective workstreams to assist Marie Curie achieve successful delivery of its IT programme.
The successful candidate will have a customer focused attitude with strong experience of being responsible for the management of staff and projects in a medium or large organisation.
The role requires the ability to influence individuals and teams, including executives and possess a high level of organisational skills with the ability to work well with others to define and deliver infrastructure improvements.
The following qualifications and experience are core to this role:
- Essential: PRINCE2 Practitioner (2009 or 2017), AgilePM (or equivalent) Foundation, Management of Risk (MoR) Foundation (2010), ITIL4 Foundation Certificate in Service Management;
- Desirable: AgilePM (or equivalent) Practitioner, Management of Risk (MoR) Practitioner (2010), Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Foundation;
- Proven IT project management experience with budget and resource responsibility for projects with more than a £3M combined budget;
- Proven direct line management experience;
- Strong and highly accurate project financial management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate clearly, cogently and appropriately for a range of technical and non-technical audiences;
- Leadership and management skills, including the ability to influence the work of others;
What's in it for you:
- Marie Curie Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Loan schemes for bikes; computers and satellite navigation systems
- Continuous development
- Industry leading training programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working
For more information or an informal chat please contact our recruitment team by emailing
Marie Curie is committed to its values, which underpin our work. We take stringent steps to ensure that the people who join our organisation through employment or volunteering, are suitable for their roles and are committed to safeguarding all our people from harm. This includes our staff, volunteers and all those who use or come into contact with our services. We are dedicated to creating not just a safe place to work but also a supportive and rewarding one.
We are committed to a world where everyone can thrive and fulfil their potential. We are devoted to the social justice imperatives and organisational benefits of full diversity, inclusion and equity in the workplace, and are a Stonewall champion. We actively encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures, perspectives and lived experiences.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early. Agencies need not apply.
This role may close early if a sufficient number of applications are received.