Contract Type: 35 hours per week / Permanent
Closing Date: 17 February 2020
Interview Date: 26th and 27th February 2020
About the team
The Legacy Administration Team is one-third of the Legacy Team and works closely with the Central and Regional Legacy Marketing Teams. An opportunity has arisen for a passionate individual to join our successful Legacy Team. If you'd like to become a valued member of our Marie Curie Team, please read on…
About the role
This role will be responsible for a dedicated caseload that includes pecuniary, residuary and reversionary legacies, ensuring that Marie Curie receives its full entitlement in a timely manner, whilst protecting our reputation and adding value to gifts, where possible.
You will ensure legacies are allocated in restricted and unrestricted funds in accordance with the will and ensure strict observance of the Law Society's Guidelines on Non-Contentious costs. Whilst closely monitoring legacy case files on a regular basis, you will take appropriate action to move cases through to completion as smoothly and quickly as possible ensuring relationships are developed and nurtured.
There will also be opportunities to work on personal and team projects that are borne from our updated Legacy Strategy.
You will be:
- An ambassador for Marie Curie, who embodies our values and exudes passion and enthusiasm about the work we do.
- You will be confident, personable and be able to demonstrate solid experience of legacy administration and an understanding of probate law.
- You should be highly numerate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be well organized, self-motivated and supporter driven. A focused individual with excellent interpersonal skills will excel in this role.
- Experience of using a legacy database is essential - FirstClass 4 would be highly desirable, but this is not a requirement as training will be provided.
If you think you fit the bill, we would love to hear from you!
Every day of your life matters - from the first to the last. When you work for Marie Curie, you understand that better than ever. We're a passionate, committed and diverse team of more than 4,400 staff and 12,000 volunteers, here for people living with any terminal illness, and their families. We offer expert care, guidance and support, to help them get the most from the time they have left. Everyone knows our daffodil, but it's our warmth, creativity and care that touch lives. Here, we take the time to really get to know the people we care for and those who love them. And we do whatever it takes to give them the final days and hours they deserve.
This role may close early if a sufficient number of applications are received.