Title Quality Assurance (QA)Lead
Contract Type Permanent
Based Home based with travel to London as required
Closing date: 16th August 2021
Interview date: w/c 16th August 2021
The QA Lead will be responsible for ensuring the People Directorate's processes, policies, systems, services and support meet the established standards for our key customers in Marie Curie This includes helping the team to ensure that the outputs and methods used for quality assurance and governance are fit for purpose, reliable and consistent with the formal approach that in place across the charity.
This role will be the 'critical friend' of the People Team, bridging the gap between operational reality, the needs of stakeholders and the internal reporting requirements. This will be achieved by overseeing a strong Quality Assurance Framework that outlines standards and measures performance to drive a strong and ongoing continuous improvement culture.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including influencing, persuasion and negotiation.
- Evidence of well-developed customer service skills and of successfully building and managing client relationships.
- Ability to organise own workload to meet deadlines with effective time management skills under tight time constraints
- Ability to draft quality assurance policies and procedures for activities relating to the People Team in line with the corporate QA framework that demonstrates our commitment to supporting the rest of the organisation
- Ability to lead on internal audits and other quality assurance activities. Some of these will be run by you as the QA Lead and some will be run by the Internal Audit function.
- Investigate customer complaints and non-compliance issues and translate outcomes into learning for the People Team.
- Collect and compile statistical quality data on People Team performance, including performance against SLAs and consistency in process.
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions that arise as a result of the QA framework
- Prepare regular reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities. These will include improvements, savings made and future work.
- Identify training needs and organise training interventions to support members of the People Team
- Working in partnership with the Policy Lead, ensure that all People Policy is conducive in driving forward a performance and improvement focused culture
What's in it for you:
- Continued access to NHS Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Marie Curie Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Loan schemes for bikes; computers and satellite navigation systems
- Continuous development
- Industry leading training programmes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working
Click here to view our full job description.
Marie Curie is committed to its values, which underpin our work. We take stringent steps to ensure that the people who join our organisation through employment or volunteering, are suitable for their roles and are committed to safeguarding all our people from harm. This includes our staff, volunteers and all those who use or come into contact with our services. We are dedicated to creating not just a safe place to work but also a supportive and rewarding one.
We are committed to a world where everyone can thrive and fulfil their potential. We are devoted to the social justice imperatives and organisational benefits of full diversity, inclusion and equity in the workplace, and are a Stonewall champion. We actively encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures, perspectives and lived experiences.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early. Agencies need not apply.