Title: Retail & Community Hub Assistant Manager
Salary: £13,832.00 per annum
Hours/Contract: 28 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Based: Marie Curie Shop, Chilwell
Closing date: 3 August 2022
Interview date: TBC
The Chilwell store has two purposes:
- As a DONATION CENTRE - it will function as a shop, selling Donated goods and also normal range of Bought In Goods. It will include sorting donated goods to be sent on to other shops within the District which are "stock poor".
- The COMMUNTY HUB will sit within the shop and is a space where the local community can come in and find out about the services that Marie Curie offer, where people can talk to trained "Brand Ambassadors" in the shop, who will be able to signpost them to the services.
We are currently looking for someone with a strong retail background to join our stores team.
You will be supporting the achievement of sales within the shop. You will support the team in creating an inviting shop which encourages sales and promotes excellent customer service.
You will be able to confidently articulate the Marie Curie purpose, our case for support (both financial and stock generation), engage well within the community to maximise all potential income opportunities and ensure we can direct those seeking our support to the most appropriate point of contact.
The role provides the link between retail and our traditional fundraising teams; helping understand and develop opportunities that can be found in local areas. The role will collaborate with other Marie Curie teams and external bodies on local events.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to communicate with tact and discretion
- Comprehensive retail management experience, preferably in fashion/clothing, with experience of cash handling and financial management procedures (including completion of sales records)
- Communication skills - Ability to promote current campaigns/promotions
- Ability to understand and communicate the services we offer and direct those seeking our support to the most appropriate point of contact
- A compassionate individual with a passion for the Marie Curie brand
What's in it for you:
- Marie Curie Group Personal Pension Scheme & Life Assurance
- Leading training programmes & continuous development
- Employee wellbeing hub and our Employee Assistance Programme
- Loans for season tickets, bikes and laptops available
- Financial wellbeing resources, updates and support
- Discount schemes for high street and online retailers
To view the full job description, please click here
To view our Retail candidate pack please click here
This role will be subject to receiving a satisfactory Basic criminal record check.
Marie Curie is committed to its values, which underpin our work. We take stringent steps to ensure that the people who join our organisation through employment or volunteering, are suitable for their roles and are committed to safeguarding all our people from harm. This includes our staff, volunteers and all those who use or come into contact with our services. We are dedicated to creating not just a safe place to work but also a supportive and rewarding one.
We are committed to a world where everyone can thrive and fulfil their potential. We are devoted to the social justice imperatives and organisational benefits of full diversity, inclusion and equity in the workplace, and are a Stonewall champion. We actively encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures, perspectives and lived experiences.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early. Agencies need not apply.
Every day of your life matters - from the first to the last. When you work for Marie Curie, you understand that better than ever. We're a passionate, committed and diverse team of more than 4,400 staff and 12,000 volunteers, here for people living with any terminal illness, and their families. We offer expert care, guidance and support, to help them get the most from the time they have left.
Everyone knows our daffodil, but it's our warmth, creativity and care that touch lives. Here, we take the time to really get to know the people we care for and those who love them. And we do whatever it takes to give them the final days and hours they deserve