Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe abortion services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she’s free to pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSI’s Goal: The prevention of unwanted births and its mission of ensuring an individual’s right to: children by choice, not chance.
Marie Stopes International operates through a network of channels (Clinics, Social Franchise, Marie Stopes community based Ladies and Outreach). This network is complemented by our Social Marketing operation which provides and supplies medical abortion and emergency contraception and other contraceptive and Sexual Reproductive Health products both within and outside our channels.
MSI’s CLIC (Client Information Centre) is a health management information system that sits at the heart of MSI’s transformation in using data to optimise performance and client care across our centre and outreach service delivery channels. CLIC is currently used to record, report and analyse client and services information in almost 700 centres and outreach teams across 23 of MSI’s country programmes. The CLIC application refresh project represents MSI’s decision to update our existing CLIC application to provide the organisation with a fit for purpose, flexible and modular solution to grow on.
This is a hands-on role with significant responsibility to support the organisation as we embark on the next stage of our data journey, step-changing our ability to capture, use and derive insights from our data in CLIC, as well as other solutions.
The Project Manager will manage the design, development and roll out phases of the CLIC application refresh project, including its data backbone infrastructure component, providing consistency, predictability and efficiency of the project delivery process,. The PM enables the project to be delivered to timescale, on budget and achieving the expected business benefits.
The Project Manager provides leadership in project best practice and is highly customer-focused. The PM will work across key departments at MSI and is the key contact in the project team ensuring information (e.g. deliverables, risks, issues) passes to and from Sponsors. They must also ensure that project risks and issues are managed, focusing on the project interface and coordination with project team, project workstream leads, external suppliers, key stakeholders and communication with the wider organisation.
The Project Manager oversees projects costs and ensures they are well managed as well as closely reviewing and course correcting, in collaboration with Finance and project team colleagues, to ensure the financial benefits in the project objectives are being met.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience of working in a project environment with excellent understanding of Project Management methodologies and project lifecycles
- Proven experience of managing a complex software development projects.
- Experience managing the international/global deployment of software solutions.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft packages – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ideally experience of Microsoft Project and SharePoint
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with demonstrable experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines and managing a high workload with conflicting priorities.
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation skills, questioning, listening and negotiating
- Excellent written communication
- Excellent organisational skills and a methodical approach
- Excellent attention to detail and quality
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Good business acumen and consulting skills
- Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritise and work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Innovative approaches to problem solving and creative and lateral thinking
- Ability to produce high quality professional presentations.
- Ability to translate project/programme/change requirements into clear, understandable language.
Qualifications and Training:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience
- Professional qualifications in Project, Programme Management, for instance PRINCE2
- Working knowledge of the French language (Desirable)
If you’re inspired by doing work that directly impacts those most in need, MSI could be a great fit for you. MSI is a fast-paced service delivery organisation. Tangible results are fundamental, and you can directly contribute to them. Our team members often return from the field with incredible stories of the clients we serve and the impact our work has on clients as well as our service delivery providers.
Agile and flexible in your approach
Self-motivated, logical thinker, fast learner, pragmatic and confident
Able to engage and motivate people
Confident in bringing new ideas to the table
Results orientated – focused on achieving measurable benefits
Approachable with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and manage a range of relationships in a complex environment.
Pro-choice, support of MSI mission
For more information about the role, please view the job framework on our website.
Location: London, W1T 6LP
Closing date: 4th August 2019 (midnight GMT). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
Fixed Term Contract to December 2020
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.