At Marie Stopes International we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future. As one of the world’s leading providers of contraception and safe abortion care, we give women the means to do so. Our team members, working across 37 countries, provide high quality, safe services to women, when and where they need them. Because when a woman can determine her own future, she can contribute to creating a better, more sustainable future for everyone.
As a part of MSI’s PDD team, you will work with country programmes to develop dynamic and successful proposals for institutional donors, including bilateral and multilateral donors, private foundations, charitable trusts, and host country governments. You will work closely with in-country and technical teams across the organisation to lead the development of single- and multi-country proposals, including lead writing and bid coordination. You will also play a key role in developing country fundraising action plans, facilitating project design processes, engaging with partners, and building the capacity of MSI country programmes to execute effective new business development strategies. You will provide mentorship and capacity-building to PDD Advisors and the PDD Officer.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Demonstrated experience working in international programme management, business development, or international development.
- Experience in international health and with bilateral donors such a DFID;
- Proven experience in managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders under rigorous deadlines;
- Proven track record of developing technical strategies for complex proposals and in securing high-value contracts from donors, foundations, and trusts;
- Proven experience in strategic planning, programmatic design and budget development;
- Proven relationship building skills and ability to work jointly and effectively in cross-cultural settings and with a wide variety of organisations;
- French language skills strongly preferred
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and to perform gracefully under pressure;
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results with limited supervision;
- Solid analytical skills and ability to present complex concepts in clear and concise formats;
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up;
- Experience developing, reviewing, and/or monitoring budgets;
- Experience and demonstrated ability to manage a heavy and fluctuating workload;
- Experience in working with statistical and financial data;
- Excellent people and negotiation skills;
- Developing country work experience preferred;
- Advanced computers skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe)
- Relevant Master’s Degree (MPH, MA, MBA) or equivalent;
- Outstanding English writing skills. All applicants will be required to undergo a written evaluation as part of the recruitment process.
- Team player, energetic, enthusiastic, and positive;
- Quality-focused and results-oriented;
- Calm under pressure;
- Highly organised, action oriented, and decisive;
- Confident and professional;
- Resourceful and determined;
- Sound judgement;
- Determined to succeed;
- Good listener;
- Emotional intelligence;
- Driven by quality;
- Willingness to travel required (approximately 10% travel).
For more information about the role, please view the job framework on our website.
Full time: 35 hours per week
Contract type: Maternity cover, up to 12 months
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Closing date: 6th July 2020 (midnight GMT+1). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.